Embaressed

nitefly said:
Yeah, but theyre not my problem. I'm ok around people like that as most of them are my friends, however I just get embarrassed around people in general, like anywhere I go like a football match or the river or whatever...

It would be so much easier if I knew someone round here who was into photography :( I'm sure there is, i just dont know any.

Same, there is a local camera club, i went a few times before they broke up for the summer holidays, the youngest member apart from me is 27 i think, i just dont know anyone local my age.

nitefly said:
If you're going to knock me for misspelling one word, at least learn how to spell that word right yourself! Fool. :x

:lol: Ahhhh, .... now I am embarrassed ..... but I can say that I did learn something from this thread ....

cecilc said:
:lol: Ahhhh, .... now I am embarrassed ..... but I can say that I did learn something from this thread ....

I learned that we have a lot of spelling bee champs on here :lol: or at least some wannabe's. Or we all just like to correct eachother. :D

I suppose I'll join the club. I had a rather lengthy shoot at NYC, but I didn't really get "eyed" or anything. Well, I got yelled at by a cabbie at one point when I was standing in the middle of the street waiting for my auto-focus.

*slaps his Minolta Z1*

I can't wait to get my D50...

duncanp said:
Same, there is a local camera club, i went a few times before they broke up for the summer holidays, the youngest member apart from me is 27 i think, i just dont know anyone local my age.
I went to a local photography club on 2 different occassions. The youngest guy must've been 45. About a 10:1 male to female ratio.

Everyone basically had nikon film cameras and took landscape photos with slide film. It was like sitting through 2 hours of vacation photos. They also had digital and talked about the color rendition of their home-made prints under different lights.

They all treated me like I didn't know what I was doing. One guy tried to explain how film speed, shutter speed and aperature are all reciprocal and how they made a triangle in a diagram.

:er:

You could wear a shirt that says "A mans machinery is only as big as his lens." Maybe that would give you a cooler image. :D:D

I have gone out a few times and I start to get a little nervous when people ', look at me so I like the idea someone had but I'm going to modify it. Since I am still in high school im just going to make a fake id card thing that looks like its for a school newpaper and clip it to my pocket or something

this is where photoshop skill comes in handy lol

When I always shoot for the owners at the local Ferrari meets, the people walking or driving by always think "Why is he the only one who gets to get up close to the cars?" Lots of passers-by(we'll meet at a parking lot for a drive or something) ask me "Why do you get to do that?" It's a really fun way to make some money. (Pics from a meet are in a link in the sig if interested.)

P.S. I def. understand what you're saying. I feel that way all the time.

I like that idea... for those that are nervous about public shooting maybe pick an event where people WANT to get photos taken like a car show.

forzaF1 said:
When I always shoot for the owners at the local Ferrari meets, the people walking or driving by always think "Why is he the only one who gets to get up close to the cars?" Lots of passers-by(we'll meet at a parking lot for a drive or something) ask me "Why do you get to do that?" It's a really fun way to make some money. (Pics from a meet are in a link in the sig if interested.)

P.S. I def. understand what you're saying. I feel that way all the time.

rmh159 said:
I like that idea... for those that are nervous about public shooting maybe pick an event where people WANT to get photos taken like a car show.
Yeah that's why I enjoy it so much. I love taking pics of cars like that.

I've never overcome my nervousness about shooting strange people either. It does not help that I live in Beverly Hills. In LA everyone thinks they're important, and half the people with good gear are paparazzi. I've had real problems on several occasions going to high-end restaurants after an evening of shooting with a big lens, and having the management assuming I'm a 'razzi getting into the dining room. I also wanted to shoot a Rolls getting washed at this car wash on Melrose, and was suddenly accosted by two HUGE guys. Turns out Lenny Kravitz was there, waiting for the car to be cleaned.

In Berlin it's much simpler, but I find the people a lot less interesting.

A few days ago one older man was taking picture of people on the public beach in my town.There are many children there..someone saw him and though he was pedoifil, and atack him.

this was off topic but my point was that there are some places that fotograf dont have right to shoot without permissi9n of the opeople who are on the pictures.

Not to post dig, but I find that when I use my petal hood, it automatically sways people to thinking I'm a pro, when I'm not. Happens at events and stuff like car shows too. Most of the girls there for a company won't pose for guys that have P&S stuff, but if you walk up with a heavy rig, they do what they're paid to do.

Just my two cents.

Most reactions

Back