Embossing a photo: Anyone had experience?

aurlaub

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I work with a woman I really didn't know much about until just recently. She asked me if I could enlarge a photo for her from a keychain photo that she took of her 10 year old daughter but she didn't have the negative. So, I took the pic home and scanned it in for her and enlarged it...not a good pic to begin with except that she liked it. SO...I tried some different digital painting techniques and came up with what looks like a "plastic" piece of art.

After showing it to her, she was thrilled and said that she loved it but wished her daughter could see it...I had no idea her daughter was blind...BUT...with that being said, she loves to "feel" things, obviously. The more I talked to her the more I realized that she loves to show her daughter things...they call her fingers "eye fingers"...lol...

So I had an idea to do some dry embossing to the picture and matting it on a foamboard mat. I have the tools and have done embossing before, but never to a photo.

Has ANYONE ever done this or know someone who has? I would really like to know if you/they have some input. Otherwise, it will be trial & error for me.

Please and thank you!

No, your best bet would be like injection molding, but that is Very! expensive. No clue how you could do this without a CNC lathe, or mold.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back