Embrace the Shadows =) CC

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Gdav36, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Gdav36

Gdav36 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I don't know why i adore this shot so much, just envision capturing the 1st sight of a child waking up, it's just sunrise, so i had to raise the shades to get any light into the room, and i know photography is all about light, however in this shot, I've grown fond of the shadows... lemme know what you all think?

[​IMG]

2. Neil S.

Neil S. TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I feel that its too dark.

It doesn't get across the point that hes "waking up at sunrise".

Where is the sunrise effect?

It looks to me like hes just sitting in the dark. In that sense it would be successful. Its quite clean for this type of shot.

I also think the lines of shadow are distracting.

If I was to see this without a discription, I would probably just be confused by it.

Hope this isn't too brutally honest. :mrgreen:

3. Gdav36

Gdav36 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Really Too Brutal??? you should spend 30 minutes with my ex wife, what you said was a compliment in contrast =)...

Too Dark, I agree, but it's one of those, I'm still sleepy, and I'm not going to cooperate shots. The shadows were cast from the sun as he was sitting in bed about 3 feet behind adjacent to the window, kinda gave an unusual angel, now if the window panes didn't cast the shadows, I do feel it would have come out better.. I would have actually just loved if the shadow cast across the face was gone, but hey.. I have no clue as to even how to attempt that PP... Thanks for the comment