Emerging Death Sentence From Within

JTHphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took these for my dad, but thought i'd share with you anyway... ;) apparently this blooming stalk is a "death sentence" for this agave plant. Only gets to bloom once, then dies... kinda sad actually... thanks for looking :thumbup:

deathsentence_4622share_filtered.jpg

death_4620share_filtered.jpg

fromwithin_4618share_filtered.jpg

These are sweet Jason!
The tones in the b/w are great! Color rocks too!
#2 is my fav here. I would love to see some follow ups. Like elapsed time.

fantastic work jason! :thumbsup: the BW's are very very nice. great tones and beutiful exposures.
the colour is OK but the BW overshadows it. :D
keep up the great work!

Love the bw stuff. Beautiful shots, splendid conversion/treatment :thumbup:

woodsac said:
I would love to see some follow ups...

Me too, please!

I have never seen an agave blossoming.
If it is a "sad" thing for the plant, then that is all the better, I think ;).

Are you surprised to hear that I was longing to see the bloom in colour and was glad when it finally came up? Guess not, eh? ;)

thanks everybody, woodsac - that's what my dad wants too, kind of a documentation of it, i am going to try to take a photo a week to show the progression, i will try to remember to get the shots on here. I appreciate all of your comments. I feel like my work has improved some over the last couple of months just by seeing all of your photos! LaFoto, that color one was just for you! (and others who like color ;) )

The b&w captures are awesome..I love your framing of them also. Thank you for sharing these and I look forwards to seeing more progression.

Trish

great series jason, they all work really well with the tones and crop. well done :thumbup:

thanks for the comments everybody... so i take it you like the tones in the b&w's??? ;) strictly TPF educated so thanks to you all... :thumbup: i was going to give you all some rep, but there is no rep to give... what's up with that?

Most reactions

Back