Emily and Jack

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm becoming obsessed with black and white, and it doesn't help that someone of facebooked challenged me to 5 days of making nothing but black and white photos. This is one that I edited today.

EOS 5DMKII
50mm @ f/13
1/125th sec
ISO 250

Someone suggested that more information regarding editing would be helpful, so I'll also include my adjustment layers in order from top to bottom:

Selective Color (added a slight yellow tinge to the midtones)
Black and White
Curves
Levels
Dodge and Burn layer (for contour)
jinkx_by_danostergren-d85gfxx.jpg

Dayum! She must have used a truckload of hairspray! :biglaugh:

Nice job, as usual.

Really awesome! How in the world did you get her hair like that?!

And why change the yellow on a black and white image? What does that actually do? :headscratch:

That was one strong vacuum. :)
Like the lighting. It would have been nice if both shirts were the same white though.

Great shot, as always

Really awesome! How in the world did you get her hair like that?!

And why change the yellow on a black and white image? What does that actually do? :headscratch:
Thank you!
I had her lean forward and then flip her hair back. I added a yellow tinge over the black and white because I feel that it added some needed warmth to the tones. It's very subtle.

That was one strong vacuum. :)
Like the lighting. It would have been nice if both shirts were the same white though.
Thank you. Personally I don't think it's detracting from the image at all, considering their skin tone isn't the same either.

Most reactions

Back