Emily on swing

Photo Phan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
here is another picture of my beautiful wife.

emilyonswing.jpg

The entire picture looks blurry, minus her neck. A shame, it would have looked awesome with a focused face.

Or, perhaps, a cropped in version with her body/face being more prominent? The houses seem a bit more prominent than they should be.,

The entire picture looks blurry, minus her neck. A shame, it would have looked awesome with a focused face.

I disagree. I like this pictures lack of sharpness and color. It looks like a picture you would find in an old 50's or 60's photography book (minus the newer car in the background). I like how she is looking off in space though I think I would have had her look slightly down and to the side, maybe even resting her head on the chain (I would try both, just to see which I liked best).

The only reason I say that is because she looks like something has caught her attention rather than a look of contemplation. Having her look off to the side but slightly down would make it look as though she were off in space and thinking about something. This invokes the viewer of the picture to wonder what it is shes thinking about.

Otherwise a great capture.

Thanks for the comments. This was more of a candid shot and she was swinging at the time i took it so that is probably why its a little blurry. I will take into consideration your critiques though, thanks =)

I keep trying to focus my eyes..and the top looks like mini blinds. Is this just my monitor or can anyone else see it? Is it suppose to look like that?

I keep trying to focus my eyes..and the top looks like mini blinds. Is this just my monitor or can anyone else see it? Is it suppose to look like that?

i think that it is just that walmart sucks at developing film...

Ahh ok. I get so frustrated sometimes because something looks so great while im editing, then when i upload or have it printed it doesn't look so as good...So i feel ya on that one.....

Personally I would rather see the subject in focus. This is a tough image to capture well. If she was swinging enough, you could pan her, and get a blurred background, to show motion. I am with Nat Dis, in that my eyes are struggling to focus. There is no place for the eyes to rest, and this is discomforting. If your subject is blurred and the background sharp, your eyes will stay in the background.

I want to like this image...

too much room up top, you cut off her feet. Angle the shot a bit lower and it would be much nicer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back