Emmy's Portraits (C&C Welcome)

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello TPF!

Here are a couple of shots from my portrait session with Emmy. C&C is appreciated.

I know people are probably going to complain about the skin in some of the photos. I'm still trying to figure out how much retouching I should be doing.

1. Daryll Morgan Photography-1.jpg
2. Daryll Morgan Photography-2.jpg I really like how my post work turned out in this one. I used a combination of lens blur and tilt shift blur filters to create an almost lens baby effect. I like it. Didn't do much retouching on this one.
3. Daryll Morgan Photography-3.jpg
4. Daryll Morgan Photography-4.jpg
5. Daryll Morgan Photography-5.jpg Darkness... :)
6. Daryll Morgan Photography-6.jpgI know most people, including myself, hate selective coloring. Honestly not even sure if I like it here, myself, but this is at least the least I've hated selective coloring in awhile. I know I went a bit overboard on the skin here, though.
7. Daryll Morgan Photography-7.jpg
I started fiddling with gradient map layers in Photoshop, and I rather like the effect. It's like a hue/saturation layer combined with dodge/burn.
8. Daryll Morgan Photography-8.jpg

Whoa Tiger! Easy on the sharpening and smoothening
Hide and reveal layers and compare before and after...it's okay to dial back some of your adjustment layers to like 50% opacity.

You're getting better with the skin. I would maybe reduce the amount by a little bit on all of them but the 2nd photo, which I would actually do a little bit more dodging on the splotchy skin on her cheekbone.

Agree with the comments above; overall, a good, solid set, but dude... selective colouring???? Really? You KNOW better than that!

#6 would be my pick of the lot if it was just B&W, or at least dial WAY BACK on the SC.

Whoa Tiger! Easy on the sharpening and smoothening
Hide and reveal layers and compare before and after...it's okay to dial back some of your adjustment layers to like 50% opacity.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, and Chuasam, I actually never go above 50% opacity with my retouching layers, lol. So perhaps I should go even lower.

Most reactions

Back