KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
You may have seen recent news about a woman denied boarding a commercial airliner with her emotional support peacock - for some reason.

Yesterday my sister witnessed a man denied boarding a commercial airliner with his 2 dead emotional support lovebirds.
My sister overheard the airline people telling him the airline only allowed one carrion.
. Real life stuff: 2010 Bandundu Filair Let L-410 crash - Wikipedia
Bada bing bada BOOM!

Last edited:
5MOmN_s-200x150.gif

What's an emotional support peacock?

People have gone completely off their rockers!
It's bad enough people bring fake support animals, but at least they fit into a seat! Where the heck did she think a peacock would fit?
Just nuts...

A peacock that gives emotional support.

Oh.

There are lots of peacocks near my home in the nearby town of Arcadia, CA. They roam the streets, strut across people's lawns, even get up into the trees sometimes. They seem to pay no attention to people at all (or cars). They make a gawdawful noise too. I see them whenever I drive over that way. But, I've never experienced any emotional support from any of them.

And real animals with fake people.

I know of a woman, who is otherwise normal that has a pet chicken that lives in the house with her. Not sure of the emotional support aspect, just believe she may have a few brain cells misfiring.

I know of a woman, who is otherwise normal that has a pet chicken that lives in the house with her. Not sure of the emotional support aspect, just believe she may have a few brain cells misfiring.

You think that's bad?
I know people who have cats and dogs - in the same house living with them!!

And parrots and fish and heck someone somewhere on this very forum has FERRETS living in the house!

As for emotional support animals that's a huge kettle of fish. There's no denying that some people do benefit from the system, but that there's a huge range of people who either abuse it or who are liars with regard to it. The Pheasant example also begs the question - the idea of an emotional support animal is to allow the person to more normally function in society whilst overcoming issues that they have; so a dog or such is very suitable as it allows you to operate fairly normally. A pheasant however, is not really the sort of animal that can just go anywhere or be accepted - and as said they can be very loud when they want too.

A peacock that gives emotional support.

Oh.

There are lots of peacocks near my home in the nearby town of Arcadia, CA. They roam the streets, strut across people's lawns, even get up into the trees sometimes. They seem to pay no attention to people at all (or cars). They make a gawdawful noise too. I see them whenever I drive over that way. But, I've never experienced any emotional support from any of them.
When I lived on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, there were peacocks and peahens all over the neighborhoods. I quickly grew to hate them and love our native coyotes. As you stated they would strut around in the middle of the jammin' street making a statement of "I'm a peacock and you're not." They will fly up to rooftops, they are loud, they have no sense of sleep/wake-up time and it is a wonder of patience that my car never overheated from peacock feathers blocking airflow to the radiator.

You think that's bad?
I know people who have cats and dogs - in the same house living with them!!

And parrots and fish and heck someone somewhere on this very forum has FERRETS living in the house!

As for emotional support animals that's a huge kettle of fish. There's no denying that some people do benefit from the system, but that there's a huge range of people who either abuse it or who are liars with regard to it. The Pheasant example also begs the question - the idea of an emotional support animal is to allow the person to more normally function in society whilst overcoming issues that they have; so a dog or such is very suitable as it allows you to operate fairly normally. A pheasant however, is not really the sort of animal that can just go anywhere or be accepted - and as said they can be very loud when they want too.
I believe they are called a Therapy Animal. I additionally believe there is no certification to be a therapy animal. So technically a peacock or a slug can be a therapy animal. Service Dogs go through specialized training and receive, upon graduation, a certificate from an accredited dog training facility. I saw a tiny little lapdog in a wine tasting room with a "Service" vest on. I had my dog with me but we stayed at a table outside. When the Service dog passed Maggie, (my pooch), it started acting up and wanted to play. Every Service Dog I've ever encountered, when working was completely focused on the task at hand and totally ignored other dogs and cats and peacocks to give full attention to their job. Go figure.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back