Emulsion Question

hollykb8503

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering if anyone has ever used acrylic gel medium for holding their emulsions down better. I usually put them on metal and sometimes they start peeling off. Should I use this gel medium? And if so should I get the Gloss gel medium (think its thicker) or the Matte gel medium?:greenpbl:

Hi Holly, welcome to TPF! :) Gloss, matte....it all works the same way, so it's a question of how you like to view your images when it all dries down. I've used the Liquitex medium, matte finish, but that's just because I don't want a high-gloss sheen on my transfers.

If you're transferring to metal that's more than I've done. ;) If it's peeling, yeah, stuff like Liquitex can help, especially if the surface doesn't allow for much brayering. It's easy to use, apply with a foam brush or your fingers.

Would love to see your stuff, post some pics if you can!

Thank you to both of you for responding. Everyone is so helpful. Well, I bought both the matte and the regular real goopy stuff. I don't want a high-gloss sheen to my pix though, so I'll see which one I like better. I should be getting all of my 8X10 equipment in the next few days (ordered it like a month ago!) so as soon as I start getting the emulsions down and dried I will try and post them. Thanks guys. Talk to ya later.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back