En-Port

THORHAMMER

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score

Few from the other night. was borrowing a buddies 135mm on my 1.6 crop for a few of the shots, not used to the shake, Nice sturdy lens I want one now...

Now the idiots say you need a permit to shoot from the public sidewalk,
Its actually a comedy of errors. gotta laugh at that stuff.

20040106-IMG_0152.jpg

20040106-IMG_0152b.jpg

20040106-IMG_0152c.jpg

20040106-IMG_0152d.jpg

20040106-IMG_0152e.jpg

20040106-IMG_0152f.jpg

Those who tell you the stories about permits and public sidewalks are all philistines!
They don't know what you/we/they would be missing if you were no longer to take photos of THIS KIND! I'd miss them sooo much. Just love your night photography of industrial plants, refineries, port areas and all!

How widely open was your aperture so you could get billowing smoke? The one time I went to the only larger plant we have here (that Ytong-plant, remember?) I went for small to get stars out of the lights, and therefore the smoke that lazily billowed out of the stack looks all fierce and fast flowing now ... you must have decided to expose for more of the "real smoke" look this time, and less for the lights, I assume?

Those who tell you the stories about permits and public sidewalks are all philistines!
They don't know what you/we/they would be missing if you were no longer to take photos of THIS KIND! I'd miss them sooo much. Just love your night photography of industrial plants, refineries, port areas and all!

How widely open was your aperture so you could get billowing smoke? The one time I went to the only larger plant we have here (that Ytong-plant, remember?) I went for small to get stars out of the lights, and therefore the smoke that lazily billowed out of the stack looks all fierce and fast flowing now ... you must have decided to expose for more of the "real smoke" look this time, and less for the lights, I assume?

Yes, I remember that plant, you were using a tamron 18-200 I think..
I loved those shots...

Dont worry , I will not stop shooting till they pry the camera form my cold dead hands. I'm generally ok about it, just sometimes it gets depressing.
Too bad they weren't cute female officers. Not Barney fife

To awnser your question, yeah I really wanted to test this lens out.
I think some of those were at iso 1600
1/30th F4 lighter sky
1/60th F2.2
1/80th F2.0

But I really should have been @ a 150 shutter speed (at least) to compensate for the lens. I think its a little too much zoom for what I usually shoot, but Im looking into the 85mm right now. That lens was capable of F1.4 but I didnt get time to play with that.

Some of them are a hair underexposed (particularly the last one), but all are pretty neat.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE #2. Seriously. AWESOME. Print that sucker and frame it!

BTW, you should do some barrel distortion correction and straighten all of these a bit. Anything tall and straight accentuates barrel effects or angles very noticably and can be kind of distracting.

Most reactions

Back