Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Wow, check this out!

bacteria-film

Just make sure you sterilize your equipment after each use! :lmao:

Next thing you know, they will have a bird or a monkey inside the camera...that will chisel the image onto a stone tablet. :D

Big Mike said:
Next thing you know, they will have a bird or a monkey inside the camera...that will chisel the image onto a stone tablet. :D
I thought that's how it was done now.
I'm just wondering what ISO those bacteria are.
And then, of course, you won't have to buy film anymore - just get the kit and grow your own (like making yoghurt).

Well, that's a relief - the end of the film vs digital debates - soon to be replaced by E. coli vs. bacillus. :lol:

Hertz van Rental said:
I thought that's how it was done now.
I'm just wondering what ISO those bacteria are.
And then, of course, you won't have to buy film anymore - just get the kit and grow your own (like making yoghurt).
Might be pretty sensitive. Maybe I'll scan the original article once I get ahold of the journal.

I guess shooting with an old Petri camera will come in handy... I know, I know... Bad pun! :lol:

I probably wouldn't count on the technology being too user-friendly. Bacteria are nasty stuff. WHile the technology itself is pretty cool, it isn't practical: UV light from the Sun can kill it, temperature irregularities may cause bacteria function to cease to function etc... Most scientific discoveries are based on lab-conditions which have controlled environment, so I will not be surprise if the technology cease to be as useful as digital photography.

Besides, let's not forget bacteria mutates and exchange genomic material easily. You may have a "photography" E.Coli one second, and the next second (on contact with airborne bacteria) you have E.Coli in your camera which gives you stomach-ache. :shrug:

amoki said:
You may have a "photography" E.Coli one second, and the next second (on contact with airborne bacteria) you have E.Coli in your camera which gives you stomach-ache. :shrug:

i don't think they'd be using E.coli for photography

that'd be like going into a burning building with a can of gasoline instead of a fire extinguisher

Yeah, in terms of practical aspects, I doubt they'll be able to keep the nutrient medium wet and uncontaminated for long... hell, most people have trouble keeping their petri dishes clean... let alone a wet emulsion.

I think Ecoli is no competition for silver.

Besides, let's not forget bacteria mutates and exchange genomic material easily. You may have a "photography" E.Coli one second, and the next second (on contact with airborne bacteria) you have E.Coli in your camera which gives you stomach-ache. :shrug:
There there... let's not get carried away. You make it sound like anthrax camera. :lol:

Very few of the ecoli strands are harmful to you

DocFrankenstein said:
Yeah, in terms of practical aspects, I doubt they'll be able to keep the nutrient medium wet and uncontaminated for long... hell, most people have trouble keeping their petri dishes clean... let alone a wet emulsion.

I think Ecoli is no competition for silver.

There there... let's not get carried away. You make it sound like anthrax camera. :lol:

Very few of the ecoli strands are harmful to you

I think that it's possible to do though. It would mean you'd have to feed your camera :lol: But if they made it so that chaging lenses didn't expose the interiro it would be easier to keep. However there has to be an external input somewhere. Plus oxygen. If They don't need it then if one of the cmaeras broke open the gas released would probably kill someone if you had it for a length of time...

All things for the developers to overcome though.

Say hi to your lab tech: :lmao:
mt01_flat_starmeadow2.jpg

Also people hear "bacteria" and immediately think, death, illness. We have alot of it inside us already.

And it's not like they could just pick any bacteria and use it.

Most reactions

Back