End of the day

Marc Kurth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4722web.jpg

very nice as always Marc.
the sky is a little over saturated for my taste actually. but its a great shot.

very nice as always Marc.
the sky is a little over saturated for my taste actually. but its a great shot.

Guilty as charged :lol:

It's taking me awhile to get out of the mode of selling cheap prints to tourists. It was a hard pill to swallow many years ago when I realized that the garish, overblown work at the gallery down the street was selling when mine wasn't. (I used to literally cringe when I looked at her work)

That's the difference between selling tons and tons of $75 prints vs. a few $2,000 fine art prints - the buyer!

B&W is where my heart is, because my roots are in Panotomic-X.

I appreciate, and thank you for the honest opinion.

Marc

just out of curiosity is it possible to bring a car down to the shore?
a jeep wrangler would look great on this picture.

just out of curiosity is it possible to bring a car down to the shore?
a jeep wrangler would look great on this picture.

Not since the 60's. You can't even fly a kite or walk your dog on a leash there anymore - those are are some of the reasons I moved.

Not since the 60's. You can't even fly a kite or walk your dog on a leash there anymore - those are are some of the reasons I moved.

If i may ask, where is this picture taken ?

and by the way its not that io dont like sky in this photo, or that i dont like shore. i love both of them. but they dont match.
when i look at the sky i feel like hell is going to brake loose any minute.
and have the complete opposite feeling of serenity on the shore.

Show us some of your best sellers, im really looking forward to seeing them.

Agreeing that it was "over the top", I brought the sky saturation down a bit, then reduced the levels of the overall image. I think I like it better.

This (like soooo many of my images) were shot in Morro Bay, California.

Thank you again for the constructive, thoughtful input.

Marc

Love your work Marc....funny I was going to comment that the sky looked fine to me, then I saw you've edited. The result is very nice and I recognised Morro bay from your b&w image.

Agreeing that it was "over the top", I brought the sky saturation down a bit, then reduced the levels of the overall image. I think I like it better.

This (like soooo many of my images) were shot in Morro Bay, California.

Thank you again for the constructive, thoughtful input.

Marc

this shot really looks amazing now that i look it at it again. especially with the adjustments. i would definitely find a place for this one on my wall.

A beautiful view, beautifully captured. You can count me as a fan of your work! (I've been seeing so many wonderful pics from you since you joined)

Thank you all again for such kind words.

Morro Bay, California is a truly scenic place, but is no longer a beautiful place to live because of the people. There is a Snowy Plover bird that has the identical DNA of other Snowy Plovers in other parts of the country, but the State of California has deemed them to endangered anyway.

Flying a kite, walking your dog, riding your horse, or surfing "may" scare the bird so those activities have been made illegal. Many areas have now been closed to humans, with more areas being added to the list each year. The sad thing is the we all worked hard to protect our beaches, never allowed any development and kept them pristine - just so they could be taken away.

I moved there 11 years to do those those things. I paid for a house 300' from the surf. When I was fined for flying a kite with my grand daughter, and could no longer surf the beach in front of my house, it was time to go......

Marc

Most reactions

New Topics

Back