End of the Day

kiwiluke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took this for a local photo competition that was to reflect the the peace and tranquility of vacations, hopefully i hit the nail on the head with this image, what do you think. It was taken with a Konica Minolta Dimage Z2, which has been my trusty companion for the last 2 and a half years now, would like to upgrade to a nice DSLR but my bank manager keeps sayin NO! LOL
Luke
Family-Sunset.jpg

That setting sun became huge in the haze. I like the almost monochromatic look here, almost only blacks and oranges. NO other colours. Cool.
I like the diagonal line of the beach at the bottom as opposed to the vertical light line of the sun on the surface of the sea. I like the sea to be interspersed with these heads in the background and the two persons closer to us creating circular ripples by their movement.

You'll have to wait and see if the jury will think this photo reflects BEST on the tranquility of being on holidays... Let us know.

And hey: welcome to ThePhotoForum :D.

Thanks for all ypur kind coments, i was very pleased with how this shot came out, i took quite a few of this sunset, but this image was the one that seemed to capture the moment the best, now i just need to wait for the contest results, will let you know how i do
Luke

Cheers all, if only you were the judges for the comp!! fingers crossed though
Luke

yeah, great shot... good luck with the contest!

thanks again for all your kind comments, i've been looking for a good photography forum for a while now, and it looks like i've finally found the perfect one, normally they are full of profesionals who ignore you unless you take a perfect shot or so amateur that they don't know the difference between a holiday snapshot and an artistic photograph, so its nice to find a forum the more experienced photographers are willing to help out noobs and good shots to teach you more are also available
Luke

Haven't been around much lately, got too busy with the rest of my life, but thought you might like too know that i did end up winning my competition with this shot, am doing some portrait shots for a local model on thursday, so i'll be sure to post some of the resulting images here
Luke

Luke - that's awesome news that you won!! It was a great pic, so the win is well deserved.

I look forward to seeing some of your portrait shots

Most reactions

Back