End of the Day

P Bailey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
c5258e00.jpg

That's really beautiful. Love how the lines of the clouds travel across the sky, leading the eye, radiating out from the sun. I don't think I would change a thing.

Was the sky THIS blue, Peter?

Sky was nearly that blue. Saturation increased slightly. This was taken with Kodak 100T film in a
Crown Graphic 4x5.

As this is critque gallery l;emme try and find something wrong.

Looking....looking.....looking....this is rather hard....ahh...theres a slight bit of black near the sun in the sky...but nothing majourly bad.
I can only really see a good piece of work, and i think this could sell! good work :)

This is definitely an ok picture. The sun reflection on the water was done very well, even though the sun looks like it is on drugs in the sky. The skyline lacks some subject, perhaps clouds that have more texture and the tree line leaves me searching for somthing else. Perhaps if there was a subject of somesort in the trees.

The overall composition is nice, but there is more to a photograph than just a good composition, the really good ones begin to tell a story.

Keep up the good work.

What camera did you use, PB? What film? This is very nice; I'm just curious because I know what an arsenal you have to choose from. :wink:

Crown Graphic 4x5 with 180mm lens. Kodak 100 Tungsten film.

P Bailey said:
Crown Graphic 4x5 with 180mm lens. Kodak 100 Tungsten film.

And thus, the colors are explained. :wink: I knew you had a trump card in there.

Nice job! :D

Great Art. It's beyond my critique. It could be altered or could have been shot differently, but it cant be improved. Can't improve perfection.

Lovely shot - though I wish the sun were a bit more to the right.

Most reactions

Back