end of the world camera?

bribrius

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
and what happens to photography after the aliens land, nuclear missiles send us into the stone age or mother universe decides to send a asteroid our way? Economical crash and the zombies take over as we are dying in the street will anyone still have a operable camera?

wondering of prepping for the end of days and useful methods that may allow photography to survive the near annihilation and fall of man in the world as we know it.

Chisel and hammer. Worked before. Will work again.

Chisel and hammer. Worked before. Will work again.

FLINTSTONESCAMERA1.jpg

Nikon F. All else fails, it's a weapon.

There was a well known PJ who always carried a Leica and a Nikon. That way if one of them broke 'I'll still have the Leica'

In an earlier era another PJ, attacked in a combat zone, best his enemy to death with a Crown Graphic. Which continue to work fine, according to legend.

Kept in a cool place, Polaroid film will last longer than you think - at least 20 years past its expiration date. Well actually, at this point, it's Fujifilm, really, since Polaroid film isn't made anymore.

But yes, I imagine more people will be shooting film when they have free time from killing zombies. Nikon F, Pentax K1000, Rolleiflex...these are mechanically sound cameras that were built to last. Mechanical cameras can be repaired, film can be stored, and it can also be developed as long as people can find ingredients for Caffenol or other homemade developers (I've seen recipes that are made from tea instead of coffee, for example.) And it seems urine might be of possible use as a fixer and people can make salt prints.

If all else fails, there's always cave painting with clay, dyes made from plants, and animal blood.

If it's weapons we're after, I'm definitely holding onto my C330. That thing can do some major damage, and if I get it swinging using the strap...yup, it'll be good for a close-range head shot. The trick with zombies is to never let them get that close. Just think of how viewfinders and zoom lenses can help with long-distance rifle shots if you don't have a scope!

Well, if it's aliens then they would have to have faster than light travel so they can just zip out 20 light years and get caught up on Benson and Different Strokes! Everything ever broadcast is still out there somewhere!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back