Engagement Photo | Cousin

sscarmack

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My cousin is getting married and I was "nominated" to take photos at the wedding, yay me haha.

Here is a photo from the engagement shoot. Still going through the rest.

15224048557_40f35e29a0_z.jpg

Good luck, Sean.....

Fun! Nominated as in, "Oh! And Sean can take the photos for free!" or nominated as in you get paid?

Looking forward to more pics!

Fun! Nominated as in, "Oh! And Sean can take the photos for free!" or nominated as in you get paid?

Looking forward to more pics!
I'm being paid, but at a slight 'family' discount right? lol

You know, its all about percentages haha

Very true. If you make a client mad/upset, you know that EVENTUALLY the fallout will subside...Not so with family. Aunt Trudy can hold grudges FOREVER! Holidays may never be the same... :)

A few thoughts on her pose...
By having her move her right hip and shoulder away from the camera, you would have created a more flattering look by slimming the waist and lengthening the torso. Had she moved her left foot forward and crossing the right leg further, you would have created more defined diagonal lines. Also, if she pushed her butt backwards towards him, again this will accentuate the more flattering look. No double entendre intended.

The hands need to be on different planes as you have shown, but a good rule of thumb is "if it bends, bend it". The right arm dangling straight down gives no visual impact (read typical and boring).

OMG, they have no feet! Either have a lower PoV where the foreground elements rise higher on their legs or have a higher PoV where their feet are visible. Cutting off at the ankles is not the best choice.

Some Fill light would have lessened the shadow on the column. BTW, is it straight?

Thanks for sharing. Just my 2¢.

I would suggest getting a few primes as it's gonna be hard to work a zoom with a drink in your hand!

I would suggest getting a few primes as it's gonna be hard to work a zoom with a drink in your hand!
Haha, as long as I remember to take off the lens cap, I'll be good to go lol

STOP IT!! I see what you're doing!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back