Engagement Pics

bellacat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wildroseportraitphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Its been a few months since I posted anything but i wanted to share a couple photos from today's session.

This is my friend Nicole and her fiance Nick. They are getting married in just two weeks so today we had a last minute session to get a nice photo of the couple to frame for the guests to sign at the wedding. All the photos were taken at her parents ranch which is where they will getting married.

This is only my second time ever taking engagement photos so C&C is greatly appreciated and welcome :)

1)
2859148782_786e55bce4.jpg

At about 630 tonight the light was just perfect and i got these photos while the two were talking about tree fairies (or so I have been told)

2)
2858318449_5fce038960.jpg

3)
2858373927_080f4f4a93.jpg

Last edited:
I think these turned out very nicely! The lighting does seem right and I can see they're in love. Nice job.

I love the first and the third. The second I would try a different crop - as I am seeing it looks like he is coming close to her and she is backing away since they aren't in any type of embrace and their arms are at their side. If you crop it closer it might add some sort of connection to eachother.. Beautiful lighting!

I think those are great. Beautiful colors. You can see the connection between them really well in number 2, that's a great capture!

A cute series. If I had to offer ONE thought about all of them, it would be clothing.

First, red is such a "pow" color, it's the first thing seen. And white is not working "for" Nick, attracting attention and exaggerating his size.

I often tell clients that successful planning is necessary for a successful portrait.

You really got some great expressions from them!

-Pete

thanks for the comments Pete. what would have been a better color for Nick to wear? As I look back on our previous family session he wore white as well and geeze I have no idea what color he will be wearing for the wedding but i do know its a Hawaiian theme since he is Hawaiian.

For outdoor portraits in wooded areas and in the studio against a canvas (low key portraits), I always suggest a color that will photograph darker than skin tones. Like a bug will fly into light, our eyes are attracted to the lightest area of a image. So if Nick had worn a deeper color, especially with sleeves, the viewer would be drawn up away from his body to his face.

Gee... I hope I'm expressing this well.

-Pete

Nice. My favorite is #3.

Nice photos. I like the 3rd photo. I bet these guys are so inlove with each other, well, the photos can tell.:) Nice job!

Most reactions

Back