Engagement Pictures for a friend

Santa Gertrudis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I used them for practice anyway. I have never worked with people before, so this was more of a learning experience than anything. They already have a set of professional engagement shots. Anyway, here are my favorites.

Last edited:
I'm new to this all, so take my CC as you like.

The first 6 look like nice snapshots to me. Nothing special really. The exposure/lighting on #2 is just funky. Maybe someone else can elaborate more articulately.

#7 is OK but I think I'd like more DOF. The background is just a big blob of green. Again, maybe a more skilled member can elaborate.

I like the focus/DOF and composition on #8, I just feel like the ring is out of place for some reason. Is it hiding or is it not?

And is 8 pictures a lot to ask for CC? Again, I'm new :)

All in all, I'd say they look like a sweet couple and their smiles are great. They were probably a lot of fun to shoot with. Try it again but maybe get a little more creative with the composition in the couples shots.

The 1st and 2nd ones are really washed out and gray. I love the facial expressions in the 1st, but the guy in the 2nd looks like he's caught a whiff of something foul.

3 - Nice exposure, and nice composition.

4 - I love this shot. Originally I was going to say it should have been a vertical shot, but then I saw the winding road in the background... so now I wish the couple was off to the right so that we could see the lines of the road better.

5 - What a fun shot, I'm sure they'll love it.

6 - This is my favorite, great composition, posing and background.

7 - Beautiful, nice focus.

8 - At first I was wondering what this picture was doing mixed in with engagement pictures, and then I noticed the ring. The color of the flowers pops out and draws away from the ring. I'll admit it was a creative thought, but I don't think it works.

Great job, I'm sure your friends will love them. Keep shooting!

Bekah

Thanks for all the comments! Like I said, this was my first time working with people at all, so I've got a lot of learning to do. I need to work on loosing the "snapshot" vibe for sure! Once again, thanks folks!

i would crop the legs out of #3, the feet with the short pants on him are kinda distracting to me, i would make it more of a waist up shot, so to speak

#1 and #2 are underexposed, also his expression in #2 is not ideal.

#3 would be good except he is poking out his tongue and they have trees growing out their heads.

#4 is the best of the lot, they look happy and natural

#5 looks awkward

#6 is good except his pose looks a bit stiff

#7 is a nice idea but the handholding looks unnatural. Good use of background blur

#8 doesn't make much sense to me. It would be a nice shot of a flower but there is half an overexposed ring in the way

2 is in desperate need of some fill light.

i would crop the legs out of #3, the feet with the short pants on him are kinda distracting to me, i would make it more of a waist up shot, so to speak

Agreed. However, that was the best of the few that I took of them in that position, but the more I look at it, the more I don't really like it much.

all are really nice, id get rid of the weed against the brick wall though.. its an eye sore.

Thank you! About the weed though, I kinda thought it was neat. :lol:

#1 and #2 are underexposed, also his expression in #2 is not ideal.

#3 would be good except he is poking out his tongue and they have trees growing out their heads.

#4 is the best of the lot, they look happy and natural

#5 looks awkward

#6 is good except his pose looks a bit stiff

#7 is a nice idea but the handholding looks unnatural. Good use of background blur

#8 doesn't make much sense to me. It would be a nice shot of a flower but there is half an overexposed ring in the way

Thanks for all of this!

1&2: I agree. The more I look at them, the more I'm not entirely happy with either one of them anyway.

3: Yeah, his face looks weird in it for sure. I'm glad to hear that the pose worked out though! That's mainly why I added it.

4: Thanks! It's my favorite of all.

5: Agreed. I think if may have worked from a different angle.

6: Yeah, I noticed after the fact, sadly.

7: Yeah, I tried a lot of hand poses and that was the best one IMO. Hands are a tough thing to photograph! I had no idea!

8: The idea sounded good in my head, but everyone seems to either miss the ring, or think it looks awkward. Oh well. Live and learn!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back