Engagement ring pic

Question is though...have you purchased any photography gear in those 6 months? :)

Nice ring. Nice hand.
Where is the girl?
Really, you can't take this picture. To tell the story, the ring, your fiance and you should be in the shot.
Unless you are trying to sell rings, I would call this shot an 'el floppo'.

YIKES!! Mega-harsh!!! :meh:
I thought the photograph was awesome! Congrats by the way.:sillysmi:

holy rock! your probably broke!!

I thought the photograph was awesome!

What, in your opinion, makes this photograph "awesome"?

There are many people who throw around compliments on images thinking that this is being nice and helpful to the poster.

God forbid we throw compliments around.

and also, yes, we have bought some new gear in the last 6 months.

Last edited:

There are many people who throw around compliments on images thinking that this is being nice and helpful to the poster.

God forbid we throw compliments around.

and also, yes, we bought a 70-200 f/2.8 IS. Not that it's any of your business.

God forbid we get some decent comments on this website and not just compliments. Some days I wish this place was way less ego stroking and more constructive. Might be a futile attempt but when I see someone doing a drive by ego stroke, I try and see if there is any reason behind that and try to get them to post up something more useful. Might work, might not. Meh.

The jab about buying photo equipment was just a joke bud. If its none of my business, then dont reply to me.

Someone has his panties in a bunch...seriously...lighten up. :hug::

The world could do with a few more people with nice things to say... especially on the internet. I'd rather 100 people doing drive by ego strokes than 1 person just coming in to needlessly and rudely blast a photo... especially in a thread that is almost a year old. Why don't you worry less about what other people are saying, and more about what YOU are. You catch more bees with honey than vinegar.

1 person just coming in to needlessly and rudely blast a photo

Please point me in the direction of my rudeness and where I am blasting your photo in this thread?

My initial post was to the person who said it was awesome. I asked them why they thought it was awesome and how only giving compliments is not helpful to the poster. I didnt even say a word about your image (which I dont find bad at all)

I seriously hope this place doesn't turn into a love fest. Yes, the internet could do with some nicer people...this place could do with more honest and open critique of an image, as to me, that is what it is intended for.

*steps out of the thread slowly, making sure not to bump into any paranoid delusions*

:lmao:

I thought the photo was awesome because it captured my eye and I liked it. If a picture captures my eye and I would like it to be in my portfolio I'm going to say it's awesome. I think that some people need to get it out of their heads that they should only be critical of every picture posted on here. Some people just need affirmation that they are on their way to being a good photographer. Also, if he had taken a picture like that of my engagement ring I would be extremely happy.:mrgreen:

These engagement diamond ring look awesome. One of my friend having same design engagement ring. It looks very good.

Congratulations!!
As for the shots,
more ring less hand. first one - a higher point of view and closer focus on the ring
second one - again placing the camera on the little finger side and fcusing on the ring not the fingers.

Most reactions

Back