Engagement Series...Meg and Ben

Thanks for the comments and critique Peniole! :D No problem, I just prefer to edit my own pics, but thank you just the same. I appreciate your advice. :)

NJ

Same here :D don't know how I missed it the first time D'OH

I like them all. I kind of agree on the intimate thing that RM mentioned. I would through #2 into the mix of ones that does work though.

I really like what you did with the DOF and the angle on the last one, good work!

I like them all. I kind of agree on the intimate thing that RM mentioned. I would through #2 into the mix of ones that does work though.

I really like what you did with the DOF and the angle on the last one, good work!

Thanks WDodd! Very nice of you to comment. Much appreciated. :)

NJ

I am very proud of you! These are excellent. I love them. You're getting very good mister! ;) Passing me up, though. :confused: :lol: :lovey:

I am very proud of you! These are excellent. I love them. You're getting very good mister! ;) Passing me up, though. :confused: :lol: :lovey:

Gosh Kathi, you are making me blush...:blushing:, stop it. well, ok...don't stop, go on! LOL.

Seriously though, thank you for the kind words, they certainly mean a lot. I was very lucky to have such a wonderful couple to work with. They were the ones that made these photos look good (but I am not bragging, Im actually very critical of my own work). ;)

NJ

Were you using a reflector or fill flash? Some of those look like you did. Maybe the shadows were already softened in the tree shade shots?

Were you using a reflector or fill flash? Some of those look like you did. Maybe the shadows were already softened in the tree shade shots?

Hey Flatland,

It was a combination of both natural light and using a reflector. For the most part, I looked for areas where some light appeared to be spilled back into the shady spots. In spots where this was not ideal, I used a large silver reflector to bounce natural light, which was about 2-3 feet away on the side. I havent used a fill flash all that much outside yet. I'm afraid it will give off too much flat lighting.

Very nice looking subjects you had. Great work I think.

Anytime NJ!! Isn't it a great feeling when you 'know' you're just getting better and better? I always look forward to seeing your photos. Such good details-like the ring- and you're not afraid to mention your quirks and edit methods, ect. Keep it up.

NJ, I have to say that #7 is my favorite. I look at that photo and it has a very playful feel to it. I think that BW gives it a sharp look. Of course, you already know that I am a fan of your work. A+ my friend!

NJ, I have to say that #7 is my favorite. I look at that photo and it has a very playful feel to it. I think that BW gives it a sharp look. Of course, you already know that I am a fan of your work. A+ my friend!

wow, thank you. your comments really mean a lot oldnavy! :D

NJ

Nice work! 1,2,5 and 8 are my favorites.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back