Engagement Set at Brazos Bend Park, Texas. Ridiculous natural light!

I think these shots are gorgeous! Some people need to remember that there isn't simply ONE style of photography to compare all work to, and clients will choose certain styles over others.

Photography is an artform, and with any artform, it becomes difficult to determine and judge what is "perfect" and what is not. Everyone has different taste and I personally think there is a lot of talent and technique behind these photos.

My favourite is #5 with the blades of foliage in the foreground. I generally am pulled more toward contrast in photos, but I quite enjoy the whimsical and dreamy look as well.

thanks very much! i agree with your sentiments exactly.

As much as I've defended OP, photography is only subjective to a point. Under exposure, focus issues, etc are GENERALLY not artistic choices... They are mistakes (or excuses).

As is discussed here ad nauseum there are certain "guidelines" that are firmly rooted in how the human mind functions and reacts to things visual. These have been around and understood since at LEAST ancient Greece. You don't have to follow them all the time but you can't just blow them off either.

Very true! Just to clarify, I am not implying that a photo where the focus is simply missed can be defended with the "well, it's just art" line. and yes, there are general guidelines that can set you on the right path to being a better photographer. no argument there!

Definitely sparked some opinions in this crowd. Great job.

On a different note, I'm pretty sure that guy in your images is the oldest brother from Home Improvement... hahahahahaa. j/k.

jamesbjenkins said:
That is about as easy as raising your hand or opening your mouth. :irked:

Very true.

To me, photography is subjective.
Yes, I agree. So what is it, you can have your subjectivity, but you deny me my ? It is just different point of view. Call it "names" or directed anger on me is a nice show. But maybe I am mistaking something, maybe this part of the forum is for "patting on the shoulder" only ? Well, I still think it's a discussion forum, expect criticism. I did visit your website on which you advertise your photography and in my opinion set you present here displays very little or none of the signature the pictures on your website have. Posting this set here as a peak of your performance just makes me wonder.

No, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion. I have no anger or names directed towards you whatsoever. You seemed quite hostile towards my work, starting your string of comments with a less-than-helpful "Is that professional wedding photography ? Really ?".

We don't have to agree on what we think is good photography, but I feel like most of your comments were less constructive and more just plain criticism.

I'd still like to see some examples of your work.

I love all of these pictures. The slightly overexposed composition of them is different but I think it works. It gives a kind of a fairy tale-esk Prince Charming meets Cinderella Love story background. Don't listen to the haters! These are great

Most reactions

Back