Engagement Show...

Haha, I actually totally agree with you! It kinda makes me crazy too, but the program tha that I use only has that one effect (unless you want to shell out an extra $100 for some additional effects) The fading from black to white drives me crazy too but it won't let you turn it off if you want both the black and white and the color pcitures in there. (which they wanted)

I don't have that much of an issue with the fade-to-black. The Ken Burns, though (which if you're not familiar is the zoom/pan of still images) started driving me nuts because it would zoom in, fade, and then zoom out-- and it just kept oscillating in and out the whole time. Perhaps there's another program out there you could do a trial of or maybe even freeware that won't force it to alternate like that. Other than that, great work on the shots.

It feels like christmas anytime I see that you posted some new shots. Opening the link to see the quality is always fun. To say your shots are great or wonderful is doing your work an in justice. As always amazing work!

Well _ I am officially mad at you because I will have that song stuck in my head for DAYS! LOL
I love the locations, the only thing i notice is a slightly orange cast to the skin, could be my monitor though.

I thought they were gorgeous. I loved the one where he is holding his hands behind his back and leaning in to kiss her on one foot by the brick wall (i think her face is adorable in that one).

Always great photos, keep sharing and inspiring :)

Beautiful series. WOW... a couple that looks like they love each other !! I love how they felt very comfortable in front of the camera.. Did you pose them ? They don't look posed to me. Did you use a flash? I just love your style.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!!

Beautiful series. WOW... a couple that looks like they love each other !! I love how they felt very comfortable in front of the camera.. Did you pose them ? They don't look posed to me. Did you use a flash? I just love your style.

Believe it or not, they were actually a really nervous couple. What I did (and generally do) is have them meet me at my studio and then ride to downtown Charleston with me. (about 20 min) What I do in that time is ask them questions about themselves and joke around with them. This usually loosens them up. Then while I shoot, I always laugh and joke with them. Like if the guy asks where to put his hands, I'll laugh and say "whatever works for you man!" and they'll laugh...etc.

As for the posing, all the shots were directed by me but they were really good and getting into it, which helps. I also continue shoot once they think we've got the shot I was going for, I usually get a couple cute natural onces from that.

And as for the lighting, no lights, flashes, reflectors or anything, pure open shade natural light!

HTH!

I love the one where she is in his arms. She looks beautiful in that one. I like the one of him leaning in for the kiss with her cute expression in front of the brick wall as well. These were very inspiring. I have an engagement session tomorrow:)
Not a big fan of it switching between the B&W and color like that because I think it made the color ones seem overly done when I probably wouldn't have thought that seeing them seeing them normally.

I think on the whole, these are really lovely. :) Great job!

Engagement portraits are all about relationship and emotion. You got them having fun with each other and the magic happened. It's no wonder everybody likes them!

Beyond gorgeous! Super darling! You can tell that they are very much in love! I noticed in one of the pictures when they are sitting on the steps in front of the church (?) when she is sitting in between his knees and he's got his hands in front of her...the shape that his hands make and the 'V' of her jacket make a heart! I don't know how or why I noticed that but it is the very first thing that struck me when I saw the picture! lol...gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!

Your photos are amazing! Truely awe inspiring! I actually enjoyed the transition from BW to color. But I'm just like that... Congrats on a job fantastically done!

These were all so amazing. I love the style and the post processing. I personally liked the panning in and out in your slide show. Your couple will be so very happy!

What I did (and generally do) is have them meet me at my studio and then ride to downtown Charleston with me.

I looked at the one photograph of the two of them sitting on the bench, looking over the water and thought that looked like the Battery in Charleston!

Great shots. Charleston is a great location for so many types of pictures.

Most reactions

Back