Engine 17

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
I shot this one yesterday. I like the tones. Next time I will try and get a little closer to center. "Thoughts are always encouraged"

1740Engine17.jpg

"Engine 17"?

What is it? Where is it? Why do I see grass when I expect something else - like ... well, what: the room where an engine belongs in a car, for example!?

I like the contrast and the symmetry in this photo. Quite an interesting aspect. You caught something that one's eye might otherwise not look at in this detail. I always like such photos!

:D

I think this is a tractor engine of some sort. Close to 2 feet square. The photo was shot in a field near a huge water tank. There are a lot of pipes and valves laying around. I call it the pipe graveyard.

Ah, now I see!
You just FOUND it, it is not yours!? It's not part of your car!?
And it is just about the seventeenth engine part lying about in that field?
Now that explains it.

I still like your idea of going there to take photos of those engines from up very close! :)

There are also a couple of tractor graveyards that are pretty interesting. I can only guess what these machines do. I think the ranchers feel that it is easier to leave them on their land. As opposed to hauling it to the dump. Maybe they have a sentimental attachment. Maybe they still work?
(yeah, right)

Either way I find all irons, valves, pistons, and the like interesting. The ol' bounce card is the key. We will see what this weekend brings.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back