Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Plant4.jpg

Plant6.jpg

Plant2.jpg

Just a few plant buds for enjoyment. Some things are still growing at my favorite gardens.

Enjoy. Feel free to comment if you have any tips.

-Christopher

You went and did it again here..... more good ones man. #3 is my favorite one here, love those colors.

The nice thing about my 70 - 300mm lens is I can take this kind of macro and not have to be right up on it. Although they do have special macro lenses that you don't have to stand so close but they take even closer than this lens does.

Let me see some of your work!

-Christopher

I always enjoy your use of color.

great macro, I tried my first flower this pm. It came out nothing like that...

16mai2009-6.jpg

I had to act fast because Batman my dog decided he wanted to eat the only colored flower we saw in our hike...

all advice will be welcome.

please note that I curently own a Canon Powershot SX10 IS ... so ....

Very nice. Thanks for posting these. Great example of what to strive for. Such clarity.

What aperture did you use?

The lowest aperture for that lens is F4.5. I really wanted the background as blurry and smooth as possible. I wanted good bokeh although it at times becomes hard to achieve for me.

Nice flower Sunlou! It would be hard when your dog is trying to eat it. The only tip I can give you is maybe try to focus on the center as if looking down the middle of it. I don't know if you own photoshop or an image editing software, but sharpen it a little and rase the saturation a bit to bring those colors out. I don't know if you use the macro feature on your camera, but use that if you havent. Those features work great on point and shoots! That can give you possibly better bokeh.

-Christopher

thanks chris,
the saturation has been raised with light room and with my cheap camera I can't really manage the focus myself... but thanks for taking the time....

I was working with the super macro mode.... the bacground is disturbing I find... would have liked it more even and out of focus :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back