Entering my kids in Baby Gap photo contest help me pick submission deadline tonight

rprimeau95

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
rlp-photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am entering one of my son's and one of my daughters in the Baby/kid Gap Model search I can't decide which pic to use. I have tones of good ones but the photo can't be more than 3 months old. Will you help me select one? They are all pretty much around the house shots or outside. I am not sure if I should submit BW or Color showing their blue eyes? So some are the same pic showing both. I am going to number them please select numbers the deadline for submission is tonight so please help me out thank you.

Rabecca

Thanks everyone for your opinions very appreciated I just submitted the following.

My son Foxx who will be 6 this Jan

13. Foxx leaning back on boat

3. Foxx wearing blue beenie

6. BW shot w/plaid hat

My daughter Prayz just turned 2 this month

11. Prayz with pink hat and pony

4. Prayz with that little corky smile

Last edited:
I love number 1 for Foxx and number 4 for Prayz. I think their all beautiful though and I love your boy's hair!

I love number 1 for Foxx and number 4 for Prayz. I think their all beautiful though and I love your boy's hair!

Thanks for the response I love #1 too but I am mom so I am partial KWIM? LOL and my husband just says I don't know honey, and my daughter says I like them all so no help on this end. I am trying to pick a pic that will pop stand out obviously more than the others so hope I get some more responses soon.

I tried to get a better shot of my daughter tonight she is being a pill, I took 65 shots all of which had her mouth wide open head up towards ceiling or head down eyes closed. I took one where I put my hand under her chin and got a cute shot but not sure if it will work and got one cute shot out of all those shots straight on. Big sigh It isn't like I can use all the great shots of her I have a few months back she has changed so much even these shots tonight look different than those last week.

I am going to add the few pics in a bit please look at them those that already gave opinion let me know if you still think the one you picked is best.

thanks

1 Foxx

4 Prayz

Thanks I just added a few more of Prayz from tonight # 12 and #13 and #14 if from last month please let me know what you think. Also think it is best to submit color vrs BW? think it is best to show the color of their eyes?

Last edited:
Color.... still like the original ones I picked, I hadn't seen the responses either at that point..
Is this an amateur competition or are they going to get swamped with pro. head shots and resumes?

Color.... still like the original ones I picked, I hadn't seen the responses either at that point..
Is this an amateur competition or are they going to get swamped with pro. head shots and resumes?

It is parents submitting pics of their kids

I just went to the link I posted above to look at the pics they are submitting and some are just around the house pics and some are look like they are pro but via the parents I think?

I took these around the house and a couple of Foxx at my studio when I was in it this summer. They did not indicate in the rules either way.

I just learned that you can submit 5 total pics but I am not sure I am clear on what they are saying are they saying you can submit a total of 5 pics per kid or 5 total between them?

Q: How frequently can I enter the Gap Casting Call contest?
A: You may submit up to 5 photos during the Submission Phase, then vote 1 time per day during the Voting Phase. You may submit photos of more than 1 of your children, but you cannot submit more than 5 photos total. Read the Official Rules for complete details.

Looks like you have used the on-board flash for most of the indoor shots. This is causing flat lighting, harsh shadows and hotspots both on your child and the immediate background. If you still have time before the deadline, try some more shots without the on-board flash or at least bounce/diffuse it. I would also suggest to have the child five to eight feet from the wall, open up the aperture to isolate subject and blur the background. Also be mindful of little things like chairrail moulding running through their head.

BTW, you have beautiful children and have captured wonderful expressions of them.

Ok I just found out from another lady on another forum it means 5 pics total no matter how many kids so now I have to determine which kid will I submit 3 pics of LOL man this is hard....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back