Entering my kids in Baby Gap photo contest help me pick submission deadline tonight

Looks like you have used the on-board flash for most of the indoor shots. This is causing flat lighting, harsh shadows and hotspots both on your child and the immediate background. If you still have time before the deadline, try some more shots without the on-board flash or at least bounce/diffuse it. I would also suggest to have the child five to eight feet from the wall, open up the aperture to isolate subject and blur the background. Also be mindful of little things like chairrail moulding running through their head.

BTW, you have beautiful children and have captured wonderful expressions of them.

Thanks for the tips I will try that, we have horrible lighting in our home we live in a double wide not many window for natural light. I have tried to use without a flash with curtains open and it seems to be hit or miss usually blurry. Most of the in house shots I used the 18-25 lens. As for my son I did his in studio mostly in the studio except for the one with the blue cap on he was in front of the closet LOL.

If I found out about this contest sooner I would of been more prepared thank God it is amateur parents submitting their shots of their kids. So I guess they will overlook the these things and look at the kid.

so all in all with that in mind what would be your pick?

Looks like you have used the on-board flash for most of the indoor shots. This is causing flat lighting, harsh shadows and hotspots both on your child and the immediate background. If you still have time before the deadline, try some more shots without the on-board flash or at least bounce/diffuse it. I would also suggest to have the child five to eight feet from the wall, open up the aperture to isolate subject and blur the background. Also be mindful of little things like chairrail moulding running through their head.

BTW, you have beautiful children and have captured wonderful expressions of them.

Thanks for the tips I will try that, we have horrible lighting in our home we live in a double wide not many window for natural light. I have tried to use without a flash with curtains open and it seems to be hit or miss usually blurry. Most of the in house shots I used the 18-25 lens. As for my son I did his in studio mostly in the studio except for the one with the blue cap on he was in front of the closet LOL.

If I found out about this contest sooner I would of been more prepared thank God it is amateur parents submitting their shots of their kids. So I guess they will overlook the these things and look at the kid.

My faves
#1 for the boy
#11 for the girl

My faves
#1 for the boy
#11 for the girl

of coarse the outdoor shots LOL better lighting

so far the most liked between here and another forum are as follows ranked in order with most votes

Son

Daughter
7, 1, 3, 5 & 13 all have one vote

if anyone is still lurking what do you think of this pic think it is a good one? I am going to submit 2 of her and 3 of Foxx

9185.jpg

thanks

Thanks for the heads up on the contest. I just entered my daughter. Tough contest, but fun anyway. Good luck!

GT

She is four years old and her name is Shelby. I just did a search and her photos aren't showing up on the site yet. I'm on business right now. Luckily I take a lot of pictures of her. :)

GT

I too, am trying to enter photos in the Gap contest. I tried to enter tonight but they shut down the contest(website link) before midnight East. time. :grumpy: I'm so mad - will call C Service tomorrow. The contest is to go through midngt on the 22nd. Be glad you got yours in! At least i did submit one photo wks ago. I shouldn't have kept putting this off. I remember racing to make the midngt deadline last year!
Good luck to you!!

I too, am trying to enter photos in the Gap contest. I tried to enter tonight but they shut down the contest(website link) before midnight East. time. :grumpy: I'm so mad - will call C Service tomorrow. The contest is to go through midngt on the 22nd. Be glad you got yours in! At least i did submit one photo wks ago. I shouldn't have kept putting this off. I remember racing to make the midngt deadline last year!
Good luck to you!!

What don't tell me this! did you get an message that said "an error has occurred please contact customer service" ? that is the message I got when I tried to upload.

Last edited:
I just made it by my a few minutes from what I see now. They shut it down over an hour early. The shear number of uploads could have crashed it.. :)

GT

Most reactions

Back