Entwined.

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I always plant "bush" beans because they do not need staking. However, this year I failed to notice the word "pole" on the packet of yellow beans I purchased. :( What a tangled mess I have now.

P7130001.jpg

Oh oh -- they're looking for something to climb. Stick some bamboo poles in the ground for them.

Two years ago we finally broke down and bought this: 5 ft. x 150 ft. Steel Mesh Roll-05042 - The Home Depot

I worked slowly over a week or two but eventually put together about 20 cages/towers -- need bolt cutter, gloves, large pliers and a couple boxes of band-aids. The mesh is heavy duty enough to last for years and the openings in the mesh are large enough to reach an arm through. On end they stand 5 feet and are ideal for tomatoes, beans and peas. Compared with what's commercially available (often a joke) they're ideal and in fact cheap.

Joe

Oh oh -- they're looking for something to climb. Stick some bamboo poles in the ground for them.

Two years ago we finally broke down and bought this: 5 ft. x 150 ft. Steel Mesh Roll-05042 - The Home Depot

I worked slowly over a week or two but eventually put together about 20 cages/towers -- need bolt cutter, gloves, large pliers and a couple boxes of band-aids. The mesh is heavy duty enough to last for years and the openings in the mesh are large enough to reach an arm through. On end they stand 5 feet and are ideal for tomatoes, beans and peas. Compared with what's commercially available (often a joke) they're ideal and in fact cheap.

Joe

I think I have some of that mesh in the shed, leftover from making a chicken run.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back