EOS-1Ds Mark III and lenses IQ?

prodigy2k7

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, whats the latest news with canon and nikon lenses falling behind the very large sensors of their top of the line cameras?

no problems with the nikons i dnt think

but yes there are some issues with the lenses not being as good a quality as the cameras are getting

but i cant imagine it being noticeable =\

So, whats the latest news with canon and nikon lenses falling behind the very large sensors of their top of the line cameras?

with fine grain film it always was mostly the lens which was setting the limits of IQ (well, and the photographer and his abilities of course ;) ). So if we finally get there again, then this is a good thing I suppose.

already on my by now quite old FF sensor in many cases I can see that it was not the sensor which failed me ... ;)

Looking at MTF charts of some review site nearly every decent lens can still edge out the performance over the best sensors under idea circumstances. You know what I mean, shooting those magical 2 or 3 stops from wide open.

Still other than stalking and bragging to mates what could one realistically possibly need that resolution for?

heh I wonder that too, huge sensors!

Most reactions

Back