EOS 5D ???

I imagine for most photojournalists who shoot digital and all paparazzi etc they will change to the 5D. It is more robust than the 20D/30D which are really amateur cameras with some professional use. It is also however more practical than 1dsmkII for someone who neds to run about snapping pictures of celebs or follw a riot in action on the streets of a major city.

Maybe I'm wrong but It makes sense to me.

Daniel said:
I imagine for most photojournalists who shoot digital and all paparazzi etc they will change to the 5D. It is more robust than the 20D/30D which are really amateur cameras with some professional use. It is also however more practical than 1dsmkII for someone who neds to run about snapping pictures of celebs or follw a riot in action on the streets of a major city.

Maybe I'm wrong but It makes sense to me.

I would think that their primary concern would be speed and accuracy of the AF and fps. All the paps I am aware of use 1Ds MKII, and all have two of them, one on a 70-200 f2.8 and the other on a 28-70 f2.8. Unless they're sniping on the beach, when it's the 400 f2.8. Money isn't a primary issue when you're making £500/£5000 per celeb/newsworthy shot - and the shot needs to be good enough quality for the paper/mag.

Rob

Rob said:
I would think that their primary concern would be speed and accuracy of the AF and fps. All the paps I am aware of use 1Ds MKII, and all have two of them, one on a 70-200 f2.8 and the other on a 28-70 f2.8. Unless they're sniping on the beach, when it's the 400 f2.8. Money isn't a primary issue when you're making £500/£5000 per celeb/newsworthy shot - and the shot needs to be good enough quality for the paper/mag.

Rob

Oh ok. Its just when I see people on the news in the line at conferences and stuff to do with politics they always seem to have none 1 series DSLRs. YOu know without the veritcal grip as part of it.

Yeah, I love the 5D but the paparazzi guys that I know here in LA do atually prefer the 1Ds - it can shoot off more frames, and you want to get just the right facial expression. Every frame counts.

Like I said, the pros that I know using the 5D are the ones shooting weddings and bar mitzvahs, or pictures of people's kids for the holiday greetings. Another group that likes it are people shooting interiors for furniture or decorating magazines - you get the full chip without a crop factor. For them there is no advantage in buying a 1Ds - their shots are all about lighting the subject and using available light.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back