EOS 90D View Finder Focus Info

Marc Hildebrant

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Group,

My EOS 90D camara uses different focus methods for each type of capture. The viewfinder mode allows many different Automatic focus settings. My previous camara, Rebel xTi, offered a few.

Now, I have many and frankly I am not sure of what option to use.

I could always focus manually...

For a single shot type picture where the subject is fairly still, what focus option do you use?

Marc

Landscapes, I use manual. Fast moving subjects, auto focus

If you see a red indication in the viewfinder, then the focus has been locked in

The 90D is a nice camera. I usually use spot af or single point focus for most of my images, which should work for still images or landscape. For objects in motion, you want a larger af area so that the camera can track, although to be honest, I'm lazy and often use single point and servo af to track the bird or moving object and just keep my thumb on the focus button on the back. My way is probably klugy, but I hope that helps. What lens are you using with your 90D?

With regard to my lens for the EOS 90D, I have been using the 18-135 mm Lens.

Marc

Group,

My EOS 90D camara uses different focus methods for each type of capture. The viewfinder mode allows many different Automatic focus settings. My previous camara, Rebel xTi, offered a few.

Now, I have many and frankly I am not sure of what option to use.

I could always focus manually...

For a single shot type picture where the subject is fairly still, what focus option do you use?

Marc

Simple answer.....the mode best suited for the shot. You need to learn how each mode works, and their advantages/disadvantages, so you can make the right choice on a shot. There is no one mode fits all approach.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back