Epson Perfection 2400 Photo Scanner

isouter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new to this site, and am looking forward to using it! May as well hop right in, eh?

I want to purchase a film/slide scanner to make a library of my shots, post on a web page, and maybe even make prints at a later date.

The Epson Perfection 2400 seems to have pretty good reviews, but the 3200 just came out, as well. The 3200 has higher resolution, but is almost twice the price.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a cost-effective photo scanner (with the highest possible quality, or course :D )? I'm leaning towards the 2400, because it's so cheap, but know very little about the whole thing.

My priorities are b/w film scanning (most of my pics are TMax 400), and color reproduction for slides (i have a lot of velvia slides, and would really like to reproduce their beautiful colors).

Thanks!

Ian

At 2400 dpi you will be able to print out an 8x10 from a full resolution scan of a transparency or negative.

I'm trying to find a scanner that will allow me to scan medium format slides. Otherwise I'll end up buying a dedicated slide scanner and wait till I'm rich and buy the Microtek scanner which will scan up to 8x10 slides and negatives.

Thanks!

Have you heard anything about the color reproduction of the epson 2400?

Most reactions

Back