Equipement for a Nikon N55

Nikon Lite

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was looking to get an flash for my Nikon N55. I did come across a Nikon SB 600 Flash for a decent price on Ebay. Any suggestions on any other flashes that would work well for my camera? If possible, any other brands like Canon, Quartrary, Nikor, Sony etc... as far as flashes go.

Also, I was wondering about Zoom Lenses. I looked at a Nikon 70-300mm G-Lense that was at a good price brand new. Do you think that would be a good investment?

- Nikon L.

The N55 is compatible with G lenses, so the zoom you are looking at would work. I would be careful with a heavier lens, as the mount on the camera is not metal. The N55 does not have TTL with external flashes. In other words, you'll have a nice big flash, that won't work in sync. with the camera, no matter what brand it is.

Oh really? Is there anyway I can get a flash to sync up?

I looked at the zoom lens, I think I might get it.

- Nikon L.

I don't know, from what I could see on a spec sheet, it does not have a place to plug in a sync. cable from an external flash. I would think that you might be able to use the pop-up as a master and have a slave. But then again, I don't know.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back