Equiptment suggestions?

tinacolada

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ittybittyportraits.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I am SICK of over and under exposing so I am going to buy me a much needed light meter. Does anyone have any suggestions on what one to buy? Also I am looking into reflectors if anyone has any suggestions on those. And my last question, does anyone have any tricks for getting an exposed show with high shutter speeds? When I get my shutter speed upt o where I need it I am getting very underexposed pictures. Any help greatly appreciated. Tina

I have had minota meters for years. I have Auto 4's but they now have an Auto 5. As for reflectors what light and what do you shoot? Last, more light or wide apeture.

I will be using the reflectors for portraits, out doors of children and some engagement pictures. Just to help light up the face. Tina

There are many Luna Pro meters available on eBay. They go for $40-80, depending. The Luna Pro is an excellent meter. Just be aware that you will not find batteries for it at the corner grocery store. Any large camera store will carry the correct batteries or can order them for you. Batteries will run about $9 total for the two you need.

Just bought one myself, by the way.

You can make a simple outdoor reflector by crumpling up some aluminum foil, uncrumpling it, and tapeing or glueing it to cardboard backing. You can also use the white surface of illustrator board if you want a weaker fill-in. Or just wait for an overcast day.

I do not know which camera you are using, but higher shutter speeds require larger lens openings. If yours is an automatic rig, you might simply have run out of larger lens openings. If not automatic, you are not opening the lens enough.

For reflectors I went to Wal-Mart and bought a couple of those collapsible windshield shades - one silver foil and one gold foil. They fold down to 12 inch circles and open to about 24x30. Haven't found a white one yet but still looking. Cheap and quick...

Thanks for all the help everyone, I am useing a nikon D70. I am Have tried my shutter speed at 200 and f5 but I am wokring on it. My newest question.... Does anyone know a DVD program taht lets you put the picutres in a slide show but keep the quality of the picture? I have tried two and they are definatly comressed. Any ideas????

Are you in manual mode? Exposure is a three-way interaction between shutter speed, aperture, and ISO. When one changes, one of the others has to also. If you up the shutter speed, you need to either open up the aperture or increase the ISO (or both). Try shutter priority (TV) mode if you aren't already. Keep an eye on the meter. It will tell you if it can't open the aperture enough for the shutter speed you've chosen. If that's the case, you have to increase the ISO.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back