TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Enjoy.

20051213215332_img_4160.jpg

it's almost too red. i think your depth of field should have been a little greater as well

get that camera off auto and shoot manual! i agree with the DOF comment.

nicely seen! :thumbup:

edit: i can't spell :p

I third the DOF. I wonder what it would look like if you stuck a green eraser pencil in the middle, and used the DOF to isolate it. Might be cool.

Thanks for the comments. I like the idea of the green eraser...I'll have to carry one with me in case I ever come across that many pencils in one place again :lmao:

JM, just for the record, the camera WAS on manual (I think), super macro setting.

tell me... do all dslr pictures have that grain? Or do you add that in afterwards??

Matty-Bass said:
tell me... do all dslr pictures have that grain? Or do you add that in afterwards??

I don't have a DSLR yet. If the camera was on manul, I typically have it set to ISO 50, but the exhibit hall (where I was then) was really dark, so it may have been on ISO 400. If JonMikal is right, and it was on auto, then I have no idea what it was set on.

i'm always right, pay attention!!! :p

going macro only gets you off of auto focus (on some p&s like yours), not exposure.

I don’t see a problem with the DOF, that do see is center point focusing. Does your camera have a focus lock option? With most cameras when push the button haft way down and hold, it lock the focus. That way you focus on the point you want and then reframe the shot. IMO Technically there is nothing wrong with the DOF, but most people seem not to like out of focus area in the foreground.

cool shot Jo Cose , would have liked to see shallower depth of field :D
thanks for sharing :D

Most reactions

Back