Eric the builder

newrmdmike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i don't think i posted this before . . . but i'm not sure, at any rate i'm reposting it, because i can't find a thread where i did post it.

ericsmall.jpg

Nice. You have any hand shots? I bet his hands would be an awesome subject.

i'm glad to hear you guys like it.

mystery, your on the right track with that more than on the surface business . . . i'm curious to see what you guys pull out of this.

also, on the right the tree limbs you see in the back are from a bodark tree, in which is a tree house that is built from at least %70 recycled materials, the whole construction site (tree house, cottage, large studio, balcony, loft, wood burning hot tub etc - all recycled. ) is the one from a post of mine along time ago. this is just one of the men behind the magic. the other guy is blurred face man who you can see in the general critique section right now. something about being in that place makes me put so much more heart and thought into my portraits . . . if it wasn't already rented out i would quit school and rent it.

oh, and rent for the whole place is $500 a month, and you can rent out the cottage to someone else, easily for $200-$400 a month. water gathers off the roof into a sistern which provides water for the toilets. its amazing. the guy is an absolute genius, and one of the conditions of renting it is that you be a working artist with a portfolio to show.

cool huh!

Very cool indeed. I have always wanted to sell my house and buy a two story building in the dying downtown section of an even smaller town. turn the bottom into a studio and the top into an efficiency apartment. No luck convincing the wife.

Artist should live in cool places, not that I consider myself one. Even hack photographers should.

move to huntsville texas, its downtown is small, and i'm pretty sure it was never very alive, cheap rent, i'm sure you could find something.

in that case come to thailand . . . plenty of young women willing to marry farongs . . . o wait you need money for tht :) but not much.

Most reactions

Back