Erin with 50mm 1.8

PuppY_K1ck3R

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i was playing with my new 50mm 1.8 f . Not bad at all for a $110 lens. Lighting wasn't great so i couldn't really show how sharp the lens could be. This is my friend and his daughter. Let me know what u guys think .
erinres.jpg

erin4copy.jpg

erin2copy.jpg

erinandpaul.jpg

erin3copy.jpg

I like the first one the most, it really captures the innocence and carefree living of a young child. I think maybe cropping off the right side might be better. It would force the focus of the image onto the daughter.

These are good photos, sir! I like the emotion in the child's face. Many child photos are of a kid who looks bored, but she is definitely happy!

The second is my favorite with the light distortions from the bubbles. I'm not sure if I'm "supposed" to like it, or whether a professional would, but I think its very neat looking.

The third and the fifth, IMO, could possibly use some fill flash. The other three photos show the child's face lit up quite well, but those two seem to be slightly dark. Some fill flash would balance this out, and make her face stand out a bit more (or at least it should).

Note I'm probably more of a newbie than you are, so take my comments as you would from a non-expert. But if anything you can try these ideas out next time and find out for yourself! :)

As always, thank you for sharing.

These are good photos, sir! I like the emotion in the child's face. Many child photos are of a kid who looks bored, but she is definitely happy!

The second is my favorite with the light distortions from the bubbles. I'm not sure if I'm "supposed" to like it, or whether a professional would, but I think its very neat looking.

The third and the fifth, IMO, could possibly use some fill flash. The other three photos show the child's face lit up quite well, but those two seem to be slightly dark. Some fill flash would balance this out, and make her face stand out a bit more (or at least it should).

Note I'm probably more of a newbie than you are, so take my comments as you would from a non-expert. But if anything you can try these ideas out next time and find out for yourself! :)

As always, thank you for sharing.

Thank u for your input. Noobie or not I find comments like these very important. Your right about needing a fill flash Im on my way to fixing this. Observations like these are what makes me better. (everyone too)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back