"Escape from The Dollhouse"

Round and round we go!

Hahaha! Yeah, I should eat breakfast too before I say something to someone else that I might regret! :p

I like the idea behind the red balloon, but I just don't feel that the color pop [pun definitely intended] would compliment the rest of the shot or the overall mood. It's all personal taste though.

I completely agree, the red balloon idea was just a bunch of hot air (moar puns!) It was my attempt at a satire of many people's "helpful" comments.

Since you don't even know me.. I am surprised you even have an opinion.

No worries. I have no opinions, only observations. I meant no harm, it was only a joke. Though I see you still haven't found breakfast!

When my cardiologist tells me to lower my dosage I don't insist he do the same.
Based on skilled diagnosis, different people need different amounts of support.

re: ask me.
How will you decide - on a picture by picture basis or on an individual by individual basis?
Either way, it becomes a burden that people, by that I mean me, won't bother because the chance to edit your pictures is not that important.
I'll just go on to something else.

If getting the greatest amount of input you can isn't that important compared to the control you want to exercise, then don't allow editing.

I agree with cgipson on it being too busy. There needs to be a more drastic color difference IMHO. The background is too dark and Adam's attire gets lost...and the balloons could be a mixture of black and white for no one person is all dark or all light. We are ALL a bit of both me thinks.

It's slightly shocking but not overwhelming. I *want* to keep looking. :mrgreen:

good work!

When my cardiologist tells me to lower my dosage I don't insist he do the same.
Based on skilled diagnosis, different people need different amounts of support.

re: ask me.
How will you decide - on a picture by picture basis or on an individual by individual basis?
Either way, it becomes a burden that people, by that I mean me, won't bother because the chance to edit your pictures is not that important.
I'll just go on to something else.

If getting the greatest amount of input you can isn't that important compared to the control you want to exercise, then don't allow editing.

I never said I wouldn't allow editing, and I am very much allowed to ask questions because it's how I learn. I'm just going to say "OK" now and hope you don't misunderstand my questioning for a refusal to be open to help. So, OK.

As an aside, you don't need to preface your work with a disclaimer. Lol this is your creativity speaking ...u sound in your opening like you're explaining why you see the need for this type of art.

If some don't like it...some will. 'Nuff said, to me. ;)

Lew.. Others that lack that same experience might benefit from being more flexible, don't you agree?

Experience aside, my estimate of the benefit I would get from exposure here is outweighed by my own feelings about my photographs.
The OP has the absolute right to feel the same way if he wants.

I think, based on this one submission, he would benefit from the amount and kind of input he would get and allowing editing is a welcoming sign that he is open to all the help given.

If he's going to put an obstacle in the way, some people will, rather than trying to describe in words what is best shown in an image, just skip to the next image.

As an aside, you don't need to preface your work with a disclaimer. Lol this is your creativity speaking ...u sound in your opening like you're explaining why you see the need for this type of art.

If some don't like it...some will. 'Nuff said, to me. ;)
Thank you, that makes a lot of sense.

I'm new to this forum, and I was uncomfortable with the idea of others that I don't know editing my artworks. Each and every one of my pieces are very dear to me for one reason or another, and are an extension of myself in a way that I just can't explain. I'm not trying to be egotistical; I just made my account here today and don't know this place well. If me asking that others ask before editing is a no-no, I'm sorry, but I am not the only one who feels this way, and I shouldn't be getting this sort of negative or hypocritical response because of it. I am open to learning and questioning and letting others edit my photos if they ask and if I am comfortable with it, but if you don't like it then I don't know what to tell you. I'm sorry?

I'm new to this forum, and I was uncomfortable with the idea of others that I don't know editing my artworks. Each and every one of my pieces are very dear to me for one reason or another, and are an extension of myself in a way that I just can't explain. I'm not trying to be egotistical; I just made my account here today and don't know this place well. If me asking that others ask before editing is a no-no, I'm sorry, but I am not the only one who feels this way, and I shouldn't be getting this sort of negative or hypocritical response because of it. I am open to learning and questioning and letting others edit my photos if they ask and if I am comfortable with it, but if you don't like it then I don't know what to tell you. I'm sorry?

Sounds reasonable to me. 44 posts in one day must be close to a record but i can see why you'd hesitate to allow editing. I wouldn't join a photogroup in town and let people borrow my camera after an hour. Keep an open mind on the subject, though, some of the guys who haven't had breakfast yet are pretty darned good at what they do and can be incredibly helpful. I've learned most of what I know about photography here over the last couple of years. :D

I feel ya. If I had to wager a guess I would say Most if not all of us come in here and start our account with the "No Editing" setting and for the same reason. It took me my first post to realize why I should change it. Still too new to the game to think my work couldn't benefit the editing prowess of someone of these Masters (not being sarcastic but don't let it go to your heads).

Last edited:
I completely agree, the red balloon idea was just a bunch of hot air (moar puns!) It was my attempt at a satire of many people's "helpful" comments.
Aaaah hahahaha, I just caught that!

Hey, I know you (Dan)! Sort of. Well, I know you from another forum lol.

Good stuff. I really like the concept and the execution. My only criticism is that the model can kind of get lost within the background due the dark colors throughout. Given the context and of the shot, it would be difficult to remedy, but it's just my immediate observation.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back