Escape! (Sometimes you can't get the eyes)

rufus5150

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.toddmckimmey.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My daughter is a very active 2-year-old and, me being not exactly the most agile human around, a good portion of my shots end up not getting her eyes or an expression as she has a way of always walking away from me.

That being said, every once in a while, there's one or two images that I really like. This is one of those, and I'd appreciate any thoughts or input, too. When my wife saw it, she said 'looks like an old movie set'...

zoe_escape_4x5_bw_sm.pg

Wow, it's gorgeous!
It works so well in black an white, and I love the lighting! It really has a mysterious feel to it!

Wow, it's gorgeous!
It works so well in black an white, and I love the lighting! It really has a mysterious feel to it!

Agreed. This is a very nicely done shot. Keep up the great work!

love it, the light behind her lighting up her hair, the composition, tones...:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

only thing that i could possibly "criticize" is the sharpness, but thats easy to fix... just don't forget to sharpen it a bit if you're printing this in a small size ;)

My daughter is a very active 2-year-old and, me being not exactly the most agile human around, a good portion of my shots end up not getting her eyes or an expression as she has a way of always walking away from me.

:lol: :lol:

my daughter is two and a half, I feel your pain!!
my timing is definitely getting better though.. after THOUSANDS of shots.

that's an awesome picture.
i'd be hangin' that one on the wall!

This has to be one of my favorite shots I've seen on the forums. Great work.

Thank you for the kind words.

only thing that i could possibly "criticize" is the sharpness, but thats easy to fix...

I intentionally did a 20% normal blend on a 15.0 guassian blur copy of the main lair, but followed it up with one pass of 100/.5/1 lab color sharpening, a 100/.3/1 pass, then back to rgb where I did a hard light high pass sharpen at 20% blend. I figured with the slight halo already around the arms, I might oversharpen it some.

I could selectively sharpen the boards and the grass, I suppose.

Thanks for the feedback!

I have a 2 1/2 year old little boy who HATES the camera, so I feel your pain! Any pictures that I DO get of his face, he usually looks mad. :p

I love this shot!!! Beautiful!

Most reactions

Back