Ethical and Non-Technical Comment...

Jedo_03

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am miffed - Nay... possed-iff... that I went to post an edited image in a reply to a post from a forumite requesting help - only to find that my permissions to post images/attachments are denied...!!
"You may not post attachments"
And "why...?" you may ask...
Well - I haven't upped the ante, have I..??
Jesu-H..!! I paid-up when I signed up (donation via PayPal)
Far-Canal... Does a person have to CONTINUALLY PAY to participate in this forum..?
Hey... This is MY intellectual knowledge I am sharing here...
You ought to be paying ME for the advice and guidance and tutoring I do here...
Ah - well... No more dollar$ from me... So who suffers most..?
Jedo

Your immature rant is completely mis-directed.

You surely must be joking.

There are PLENTY of options for hosting images elsewhere on the web for free, and linking to them here.

Jedo, if you subscribed and paid for the subscription and have not been advanced to TPF Subscriber state, write a nice and friendly PM to either terri or karissa and let them know. There must have been a mistake somewhere which can be remedied. I am sure.

I'm guessing that he paid for a sub and used it fine but now the subscription is expired.

I guess this site rents space? http://thephotoforum.com/forum/announcement.php?f=38
"we've recently made subscriptions even more affordable! We've also doubled the gallery space to 50 megs per user!

It is still $25 to subscribe for a year. Don't quite have $25 to spare at the moment? Well, now you can buy a 6 month subscription for $15, or a 3 month subscription for only $10! "​

So to me this is the same thing as the "OMG My Wedding Was Ruined" thread. ie. It doesn't belong in public at all - no matter how "miffed" the customer is.

I am miffed - Nay... possed-iff... that I went to post an edited image in a reply to a post from a forumite requesting help - only to find that my permissions to post images/attachments are denied...!!
"You may not post attachments"
And "why...?" you may ask...
Well - I haven't upped the ante, have I..??
Jesu-H..!! I paid-up when I signed up (donation via PayPal)
Far-Canal... Does a person have to CONTINUALLY PAY to participate in this forum..?
Hey... This is MY intellectual knowledge I am sharing here...
Ah - well... No more dollar$ from me... So who suffers most..?
Jedo
Jedo: The TPF banner that informs members about subscriptions states the following:
It is still $25 to subscribe for a year. Don't quite have $25 to spare at the moment? Well, now you can buy a 6 month subscription for $15, or a 3 month subscription for only $10! What an easy way to support the forum you all call home!
I checked the date of your subscription, and it was June 1 of this year. You purchased a three-month subscription. So yes, it has recently expired, which means some of the enhancements of forum use, such as posting attachments and direct image uploading, have expired as well.

Does a person have to CONTINUALLY PAY to participate in this forum..?
Not at all. You had your own reasons for wanting to subscribe, and you received the additional benefits you paid for. If these benefits are no longer of value to you, no one is compelling you to pay again to have them. Regular TPF membership is free and, as mark h notes below, there are plenty of free hosting sites that allow hotlinking here. Participation in this forum includes posting images, having the use of the PM system, plus the galleries and discussion forums - all of which are free and open to all.

What is NOT free is server maintenance, which has continued to expand as the forum has continued to grow. The owner paid for this out of his own pocket for years, before the forum was large enough to attract advertisers and subscriptions were even offered. We appreciate the support of all our subscribers and advertisers, which allows us to pay for the ongoing maintenance and enhancements to the forum.

But you do not have to "pay to participate in this forum".

I'm not quite certain why you feel you have been treated in an "unethical" manner, as your title suggests. If anything, as you have been treated fairly and, clearly, this thread of yours is intended only to accuse and insult the owners, you are the one coming off in an inappropriate way.

That's less than 7¢ a day. Toilet paper costs more than that.
Yes, that's true, but if you take in consideration the cost of the subscription plus the additional cost of toilet paper from $hi++ing myself laughing at some of the posts....... well, it adds up.

$25 for a year?
That's less than 7¢ a day. Toilet paper costs more than that.

no -- please don't start these comparisions

otherwise those pay deals on things like really expensive camera kit start to look - well - feasable and a good idea (even though I know they are not == specially when one is not really earning ;))

I dunno.. TP carries it's weight and earns it's keep all the way to the processing plant. :D

Apologies to one and all for my rant/outburst.
Esp to the owners - there was no intent to accuse and insult.
I have re-subscribed.
Congratulations - your payment was sent. You have successfully paid for this transaction. $25
Transaction ID: 5XY89975K52708100
An email with your order summary has been sent to [email protected]

Merchant Contact Information

ThePhotoForum.com
[email protected]

Jedo

Apologies to one and all for ...
there was no intent to accuse and insult. ...
I have ...

Welcome back to where you never left.

BTW, I heard that for the price of a cup of Starbucks coffee everyday, I can feed a starving child in Africa. So, I think, "I can have a cup of Starbucks coffee, everyday?"

BTW, I heard that for the price of a cup of Starbucks coffee everyday, I can feed a starving child in Africa. So, I think, "I can have a cup of Starbucks coffee, everyday?"
Makes you wonder what $700B might buy...

I just bought toilet paper today. Dang it, I should have bought me the d40 instead. Though a more waterproof camera might be a bit more logical since without toilet paper, the camera would then be needed for uses it wasn't intended for...:confused:

Most reactions

Back