Ethics question

Just as these people do things to promote their businesses, it is perfectly fine for you to promote yours. Send an email explaining how you might help them promote their businesses. If they are interested they will say so. If not, it cost you nothing to explore the possibility. We call it networking.

I would think it could get back to the WW that you're approaching their sponsors if any of them say something. I don't know that it would sit too well.

Of course networking happens and as Smoke665 was talking about, there may be an opportunity to give someone your card. I think it depends on the situation and if/when it works into the conversation, etc. I'd probably be asking one of the people in charge what's acceptable to them if I wondered what was best to do.

If I feel like getting to do something is a privilege, then I wouldn't want to compromise that, I'd want to respect it. Seems like something of an honor to be asked to do this and I wouldn't want to take advantage.

I would think it could get back to the WW that you're approaching their sponsors if any of them say something. I don't know that it would sit too well.

Of course networking happens and as Smoke665 was talking about, there may be an opportunity to give someone your card. I think it depends on the situation and if/when it works into the conversation, etc. I'd probably be asking one of the people in charge what's acceptable to them if I wondered what was best to do.

If I feel like getting to do something is a privilege, then I wouldn't want to compromise that, I'd want to respect it. Seems like something of an honor to be asked to do this and I wouldn't want to take advantage.
Yep, that's the way I'm thinking now. It's a cause I believe very strongly in, and I think at least for now, I'll leave at "and if there's anything else I can do, don't hesitate to call." Somethings just aren't worth messing up over a few dollars.

#a
business is business

I know what I would do, but if it is a moral dilemma for you, just ask yourself a moral question: "Do I just want to exploit this opportunity to make a dollar or two, or do I want to do a good thing for these people, so we will both benefit from it?". Give yourself an honest answer and then act accordingly.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back