Euipment? small product photography without light tent

youngvet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been shooting pictures of sunglasses using a light cube, using three 500 W flood lights (left, right, and overhead) - - and shooting with Canon Digital rebel XT with 50mm lens.

My results have been very good however I know it can be better....
The main problems is I feel this has not been letting me get that nice glossy finish on the frames and the rich colors-- that appears when shooting without the tent.

Also I always end up seeing the opening of the light tent as it is not conveinent -- due to the repositioning of the camera to use the cover.

Howver when i shoot without the tent just on a whitebackground with know difussion the shadows are a mess.

So I am looking for some suggestionfor equipment you would recommend for shooting this product without the light tent -- i need a good lighting setup -- that will control the shadows but also light the products accurately...

What kind of lighting should I be looking at, what kind of diffusion(umbrella, soft box...)

It doesnt have to be the cheapest but i dont want it to cost a fortune either.

Pros versus cons of certain setups.

Any recommentions / advice definitely appreciated.

See the thread on the home-made light box. Go to search, look for "light box" (no quotes) and look at the threads. Look for "testing my new light tent". I've posted photos of my home-made box, it works great. Or you can PM me for the photos...

Im actually looking for a setup and lighting recommendations -- whitout a light box.

Most reactions

Back