European Champignonship soccer

On a slightly related note, anyone else notice a few of the other hot shots aren't doing all that well? France, and Greece to name the other two in the same group. I expected a bit more.

Mean while the Austrians are totally embarrassing themselves.

No comments on Turkey vs. Czech Republic? I figured SOMEONE would say something!

Hmm, Germany is not doing very well .. let's see what tonigt brings!

hmm .. 2 hrs to go before we see more!

I dont know if anyone is following this event, but Holland just kicked Italian butt with a 3-0 victory WOOOHOOOOOOO

This was their first game in this tournament, they still have to play against France and Rumania (or however you call that country) But the win against Italy is a very good start :mrgreen:

I have been a lifetime fan for Holland. Van Der Sar is my dream goal keeper!
I'm so happy. I was hoping they make it to the finals this time and not finish bad. good luck to them:hug::

OK, so Germany won the match against Austria last night, but it was a lame and boring match (per part of the German team). Yawn. Just that ONE highlight of ONE single player which lead to the goal, 10 minutes of interesting playing at the very beginning and 79 minutes of boredom. Pfff.

Being so little a team and so much a collection of individual players who all only want to show off themselves, they're not going to win over Portugal now...

No prediction, just a personal observation and conclusion after what I saw last night. Do you think they acted like a TEAM???

Being so little a team and so much a collection of individual players who all only want to show off themselves, they're not going to win over Portugal now...

A collection of individual players can still win!

Sincerely,
Team USA Basketball :)

A collection of individual players can still win!

Yeah. They showed proof of this yesterday night. One 28-metre shot by Ballack and they won. But all in all their GAME was LAME.

Yeah. They showed proof of this yesterday night. One 28-metre shot by Ballack and they won. But all in all their GAME was LAME.

It was sarcasm. Our (US) basketball team is notorious for their under-performance, mostly because they are a team full of egos whom none want to take a back seat to the other. This happens a lot on national teams, IMO.

I need to remember sarcasm doesn't transfer to print. I always forget that! :)

OK, so Germany won the match against Austria last night, but it was a lame and boring match (per part of the German team). Yawn. Just that ONE highlight of ONE single player which lead to the goal, 10 minutes of interesting playing at the very beginning and 79 minutes of boredom. Pfff.

At least you got it at a reasonable time. I woke up at 4am to watch the game live and was bored out of my mind. I expected Germany to really defend their need to draw or win to get into the next round and at the same time annihilate Austria 3-0, but the entire game was a barrage of uselessness, moreso by the us then by the Germans.

I want my 3 hours sleep back! I still haven't recovered from my lack of sleep even today :-(

Although it was pretty funny that both coaches got sent off :D

i only saw that second half of that game and indeed, it was really spectaculair.
Holland won again yesterday. Alot of the normal players were on the bench, so they couldnt get injured or get yellow/red cards in this game. So it was basicly a second team, but it was rather good. The first half wasnt that good, they had to get into the rhythm, but the second half was rather nice and they won with 2-0.
Italy won too. France had one of their key-players injured and also had a penalty against them. So the played with 10 men later on. So France and Rumania are out.
Next stop, the quarter-finals. Dont know who is the next team who will play against Holland then. Its either Russia or Sweden. We will know that after tonight.

My hopes are still with Germany :)

Most reactions

Back