European Champignonship soccer

No comments on Turkey vs. Czech Republic? I figured SOMEONE would say something!

Haha! What an amazing upset! My family and I were really hoping France would "pull a Turkey" :)lmao:) against Italy... No such luck. I don't necessarily love France, but I really didn't like Italy's performance in the WC. Play-acting and diving (which is illegal, but rarely called) is the only part of soccer that I don't like...

It's been a somewhat strange Euro, with the big teams not doing so well... England didn't even qualify! And no more Zidan...

My Spaniards are doing quite well, considering I know little to nothing about soccer and based my choice off of practically nothing :)

Viva La Espagne! (did I say that right?)

"Viva España" would be the correct version. :D

anyone up for it? i say Germany will win tonight.

bet?

Hi Alex

I´m afraid I agree with la Foto...I don´t expect Germany to do it (and they don´t deserve it), and Portugal only fielded their "second" team in their last match. Tonight will be Germany´s last game this tournament...and Portugal will go on to the final against The Netherlands.

That said, I still hope the team can pull temselves together...they have great potential.

:???:

Hi Alex

I´m afraid I agree with la Foto...I don´t expect Germany to do it (and they don´t deserve it), and Portugal only fielded their "second" team in their last match. Tonight will be Germany´s last game this tournament...and Portugal will go on to the final against The Netherlands.

That said, I still hope the team can pull temselves together...they have great potential.

Well, but it simply does not matter what their chances are, I am German hence I will believe in them winning .... until they lose.

And as for my offer to bet .. I like risks :D

They are not doing so bad now... currently Germany-Portugal 2:0

If Germany wins I won a bottle of wine with someone :p

Hi Alex

oh look who's prediction is wrong!!!!!!!

well, i just won a very expensive bottle of wine :) .. and someone to drink it with me ;)

Hi I still hope the team can pull temselves together...they have great potential.

And boy, they DID! :shock:

I would never have thought the team who offered such a poor game both against Croatia and Austria (the latter with one winning goal, though) would be able to show such a huge change in performance! Never.

I only saw the second half since earlier we were in Bremen, singing in Bremer Dom with my choir (singing against the arriving masses of football/soccer fans who wanted to watch the match on the huge screen in the square and whose noises easily came right through the massive church walls ;)), but hey, that looked good, too.

But the Portuguese also offered a good match!!! This time it was quite entertaining!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back