European Champignonship soccer

Oh, I should think that the Dutch team has all the abilities to beat the Russians, though both teams are good. So that one's going to be an interesting match to watch, I am sure!!!

Holland are the favorites for this game, but don´t forget the last game Russia played...it was a bit of an upset, but so well played, and with such heart that they truely earned their victory...
...wouldn´t surprise me to see them do it again this evening.

The Dutchies are also not in a very good mood as well...I believe one of the team members just lost his week old baby!

Is that so? :( Oh dear! That's too bad! I didn't know.

Yes. Now I know, too.
And I know .... Daan :( .... sorry for you and "your" team .... that we won't see the Dutch team play in this tournament any more. Oh well... it wasn't meant to be, as it seems.

But the Russian team, very young players (!), simply was GOOD. Won the match with 3:1.

After watching the last two games and almost all the other ones, this is by far one of the craziest cups EVER.

Today´s game is a hard one to pick: Spain vs Italy

Italy are the world champions, but not really too popular for how they won 2 years ago (the famous incident where Zidane´s mother was insulted and he head-butted Marco Materazzi in a display of French gentleman´s rage and was sent off)...

Anyway...Italy is gonna win again, but only so that Germany can kick their butts in the final! What do you think?

;)

well that sucks.
Ah well, it was a nice game to see. Lets see who will be champion this time,
That Russian coach is one good coach. He gets all kinds of teams from lands that arent really known in the soccer bussines and leads them too quarter/semi finals. Thats awesome

I believe the Russian coach is in fact a Dutchman...so, it makes yesterday´s game all the more bizarre.

Maybe more surprises coming in the next few games...

;)

The soccer-ignorant American is correct with his uneducated pick of Spain... so far...

Viva Espana!

A hard and well-fought game, but Spain pulled it off with the shoot-out.
(Shoot-outs can be kinda unfair, but the coolest teams usually win them)

Now we are looking at Germany vs Turkey on Wednesday and Spain vs Russia on Thursday. Both games promise to be exciting...old school vs new school. Turkey and Russia being the rookies...underdogs...new kids on the block, but hungry for the win. I think Germany should go through to meet Russia in the final
:popcorn:

I'd like to see Germany for sure, and I think Spain...

We are NOT nervous!!!

PICT0010_c.jpg

Nope ... 49 (or so) minutes until it starts...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back