even up

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by mysteryscribe, Jun 7, 2007.

1. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Since I am always commenting on your wedding pictures this is one from my last wedding about three months ago. The one that convinced me to come out of retirement. Move to semi retirement status.
    [​IMG]

Before you ask I had nothing to do with that smile. and the dress wasn't quite white most likely she wasn't quite a virgin just kidding. If the dress is pure white she is pure red.

2. The_Traveler

The_Traveler Completely Counter-dependent Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    My last wedding was 20 years ago and I've sworn off weddings after that.
    (If this marriage doesn't work, I'm having myself castrated and becoming a consultant.)

3. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Well I should have done that four weddings ago. I am sticking with this one. She says it is because my body is not making any testosterone at all. Probably true.

and don't i get any circles and arrows on my image.

4. tempra

tempra TPF Noob!

I would have tried dragging the shutter to get more background light or diffused the flash a bit - it's a bit rabbit in the headlights for me.

Oh and maybe a banana in the corner of the frame to add some mystique to the shot...

5. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Agree on the banana, as for the other as a secondary shot maybe but this shot would have come first anyway... When I shoot a wedding I shoot the safe shots. Im shooting film no instant replay for me.

But I do see a lot more of what you are saying now than I did when I was in the business last time. I have been hanging out so much on places like this since I retired, that I must have asked the poor mother of the bride who picked them up a dozen times if she was happy. She must have thought I was trying to score points on her by the time she left.

6. tempra

tempra TPF Noob!

Hey, I'm no pro, and I suppose at weddings you have to get the safe shots first - especially with film. If you're retiring from retirement, might be worth getting a digital as a backup so once you have the safe shot on film, you can take free shots to your hearts content.

That reminds me, I got to play with a wedding in a couple of weeks.... must source bananas - the ones in the freezer won't make the flight ;)

7. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I should have also mentioned that the shutter speed is glued down I'm so paranoid about accidents.

8. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    also good luck on the wedding.... I really plan to do no more than a few a year and only those that are within 60 days of booking. Looking for good ole gals not art critiques. LOL im barely competant to shoot a wedding it seems.

9. tempra

tempra TPF Noob!

10. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Very nice indeed....

11. tempra

tempra TPF Noob!

It is, but I need to cook a curry on Saturday to pay for the opportunity (not that it isn't costing me an arm and a leg to fly the family out there already!!)

Also, why are you only doing a few a year? Fill yer boots, you might even be able to get a few using some of your contraption cameras

12. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Just want to do about one a month to keep from going insane.... It will be nice break from bugging everyone here. Hell I should just give them away but then I would be working all the time and I don't want to do that. Just to find some kids who don't have much money and shoot them a good job. Charge enough to pay the expenses and buy a toy for the month.

Next toy is a high resolution scanner. My dedicated was bought just to see if there really was a difference between flat bed and dedicated scanners. There is...