Evening at the beach

Tom77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all, I am new to this forum, so these are my first contributions. I am pretty new to photography, and have only recently started spending any serious time at it. Here are a few I took this evening on my local beach as a storm was approaching. All comments most welcomed.

333089009_fpiGr-L.jpg

333088918_JhTpg-L.jpg

333087803_PuCZo-L.jpg

333088337_32QLp-L.jpg

Heya Tom, welcome to ThePhotoForum.
Not one of these photos look like the work of a beginner! They are really good. You sure have "the eye" for motifs and a good feeling for composition. You see when the light is in your favour and things look dramatic enough to make a very interesting photo. Beautiful.

Good stuff - the first two are particularly strong, with the small figures giving a sense of scale, and the letter-box crop concentrating our attention on the significant parts.

Regards, Tony

"Letterbox crop" is another nice word. One I will memorise and put into my active vocabulary! Thanks for that, Tony! :D

Thanks for your encouraging replies. I hadnt even thought about the effect of small figures in the frame - that was pure accident - as I couldnt avoid them, but an interesting point to gain perspective. Thanks Tony.

The first and last one look a little flat, like they need a little darkening or contrast. But they are all very nice images, you have a great eye especially for a beginner. My favorite is #3 - the weakest I think is #1.

The first and last one look a little flat, like they need a little darkening or contrast. But they are all very nice images, you have a great eye especially for a beginner. My favorite is #3 - the weakest I think is #1.

Yep, I agree. Those were exactly my thoughts. I was struggling a little to find that "something extra" with the large beach shots. I go there very often, so I am going to try a few different approaches with light and setup in the future. I might have another shot at photoshop as well. If anyone else wants to have a go at editing please feel free.

stunning shots I enjoy ur work....cant wait to see many more posts.

Most reactions

Back