No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pierrebphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Outdoor winter rink in Old Montreal

4275044733_d16d072eca_b.jpg

I actually had a few at 800 ISO and a bit more open aperture which stopped motion a bit better than this, but still with blur. I thought this one worked best :)

Thanks for looking

I think it's quite decent. I wish the shutter wasn't open quite as long, but it's a nice shot. The colors are really wonderful.

I actually like the movement. I mean after all they are ice skating. Without it, the photo would seem boring. A few of the people looked like they didn't budge at all during the photo. LOL! Nice colors.

I like the picture a lot. I really enjoyed the light reflection on the ice, the colors really pop. The motion works for me, I dont think I would like the picture as much if it didnt have it. Thanks for posting Big.

great image, for some reason I keep wanting to see more camera right, not sure why? I like the motion of the skaters, where is the blue light on ice come from?

The only thing I think I might have liked better is if the motion trails were longer. But really, this is a solid, extremely well executed image. How noisy is the sky in the full size image?

great image, for some reason I keep wanting to see more camera right, not sure why? I like the motion of the skaters, where is the blue light on ice come from?

I think I feel you on this one, the building is slightly tight on that side. However, if I remember, there were boxes or not very attractive things on that side that kind of forced this composition. I thought of a more centered composition with the building in the middle, rink on either side, but there was something on that right side that wasn't worth getting in the image.

The blue light I believe was from some random lights on the building that shine down. If you look in the middle, there is a blue sign that reflects onto the ice. There is a small pedestrian bridge on the right hand side that you use to get here (its on a small man made island in the middle of the port), so could be a light hung on the side there. Good eye!

But really, this is a solid, extremely well executed image. How noisy is the sky in the full size image?

Its a tad noisey, but nothing major. I didn't run any noise removal on it.

Great Photo! Good call on the shutter speed. The implied motion brings the photo to life. The blue reflected on the ice is amazing. Well composed photo with the building on the right too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back