Event photography- vest or belt

brandibell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have recently been doing a lot of event photography, mostly concerts & night clubs. I find bringing my backpack camera bag uncomfortable and inconvenient. I have been looking into other options and seen at my local camera store a belt which allows you to clip different cases to it so you can carry what you need. My husband thinks the belt might slide down throughout the events. There was also a vest that holds everything I would need as well, but I'm worried it will be too hot and bulky. I'm wondering if anyone has used either if these and what you would recommend?

If you have too much weight on the belt it will kill your hips after several hours of standing. I prefer the vest because you use your shoulders to support the weight in a more natural way.

I don't know whether or not this will be the same for your physiology but they aren't that expensive and you may well find that having both is more to your liking.

I have a Crumpler messenger bag that I've used for a few shoots and so far find it very comfortable as long as its not overfilled. Its much more convenient than the backpack style bags.

Have to agree with Mike, I use both. I do a fair bit of gig and news stuff and I use a domke vest for lenses etc and a spider holster on a belt, distributes the weight fine, but could be cos i'm used to it now. If I had to choose 1 it would have to be the vest. The domke is all mesh at the back, so being too hot's never been an issue for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back