Eventually we are all forgotten... C&C please :)

i like the second much more than the third. it has a lot more contrast without it looking unnatural like the third. something about the grass in the foreground looks way too "off" in the third

Cemetery.jpg

Here is a quick edit I did in photoshop, mostly just using curves layers. Messing with the jpeg caused some issues, but you get the idea with the tonal qualities. Don't know elements so I don't know what you can do within the program to get the same results.

To the comment about the unlevel horizon, I think this case it doesn't matter because the top of the cross is near parallel with the top of the frame. It is something to be watched for though.

Thank you so much for the feed back. These tips really have helped a lot. As for how it is lined up, if it is ok in this picture doesn't really matter because if it is it was by luck. Thanks to the tips it is something I will keep in mind from now on. I really can't overstate how much of an asset this forum and your time and knowledge are. Thank you.

I picked up a red filter for when I am doing B&W shots.

I picked up a red filter for when I am doing B&W shots.

Hmm, that's really interesting. Do you think I can convince you to post a B&W picture with the filter without post production? I would really really appreciate it! No pressure though, of course :)

Hmm, that's really interesting. Do you think I can convince you to post a B&W picture with the filter without post production? I would really really appreciate it! No pressure though, of course :)

I don't have any pictures of with and without...

give me a couple days and I will put something together for you.

I don't have any pictures of with and without...

give me a couple days and I will put something together for you.

Awesome. I'm really digging B&W and that would be incredibly helpful and interesting. Thanks a million!

PS: Welcome to the forum!

EXIF information is left in the pictures if you want to look at the information too. I don't normally save pictures with that left in.

ISO 250, f/8, 0EV, -0.3EV Flash, 1/60
tpf_bw_01.jpg

Monochrome without Red Filter
ISO 250, f/8, 0EV, -0.3EV Flash, 1/60
tpf_bw_02.jpg

MonoChrome with Promaster R2 Red Filter. I got mine from National Camera Exchange.
ISO 250, f/8, +1EV, -0.3EV Flash, 1/60
tpf_bw_03.jpg

Monochrome with Red Filter effect in Manage Picture Control Menu on the D90ISO 250, f/8, 0EV, -0.3EV Flash, 1/60
tpf_bw_04.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back