Ever Photographed Anybody Famous?

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by LarissaPhotography, Jan 4, 2009.

1. LarissaPhotography

LarissaPhotography TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Have you ever photographed a celebrity? Was it harder to work with them than a regular customer?

2. Hertz van Rental

Hertz van Rental TPF Noob!

Yes, and no (at one time they were my regular customers ;) ).

3. JerryPH

JerryPH No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I did have a couple chances, and was asked not to, so I did not... TWICE in the same day.

I was vacationing at the Half Moon resort in Montego Bay, Jamaica. Whitney Houston was my neighbor in the chalet next door, she was #1 and I tripped over Dan Marino on the beach at the same resort later that same day, asked to take his pic, he refused and I obliged.

A couple other "famous" people that slipped away...

I saw Jonathan Winters bitching out a sales lady for selling him a bad video tape at the same resort as above... I did not even ask him for his pic... he was MAD. :lol:

While living in Dallas, I bumped into Chuck Norris at a store he frequents... dammit, I had no camera with me at the time, we did have a chuckle, though!

Finally, during the filming of his film "The Art of War" here in Montreal, I almost ran over Wesley Snipes as he was crossing the street in Old Montreal (well not really ran over, but I did hit the brakes harder than normal... lol). I call out "Hey Wesley!" and wave, he comes to the car, asks me if we know each other, I say no, just that I am a fan, he shakes my hand, smiles, we exchange a few more fast words and then he walks on. Great guy!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  4. MACollum

MACollum TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I loved him in "To Wong Foo...Thanks For Everything." LOL. Seriously, Jerry, you really get around :D. The only famous person I ever even saw was one of the guitar players for Hootie and the Blowfish (we got on the same plane in Charlotte, NC). I was like, 15, and couldn't stop staring. LOL.

5. Kegger

Kegger TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I did a session with John Kay, the lead singer of Steppenwolf.

His wife is a pro photog and she was showing me some natural lighting tricks for portraits.

Then we went fishing, lol.

6. JerryPH

JerryPH No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I've been fortunate in life, in any ways... oh, I also met Jean Beliveau of the Montreal Canadians while I played in a hockey tournament at the now non-existant Montreal forum. I was 14 at the time.

I also met Bill Gates... it was bad timing on his part, I gave him some major sh!t... lol

We shook hands and he signed a banner for me, still have that somewhere.

I wish my dad had at least a camera there for me that time. Man, a lot of lost chances!

As far as photographing many famous people, I am at 0-0, but I have dealt with many people in my business that are in positions of high power and/or are multi-millionaires. You do not treat them differently than anyone else... with respect, and they respond in kind. If they happen to be in your photostudio, they are there for a service. Deliver to them the SAME level of quality you deliver to all your clients and nothing can go wrong... unless you cannot deliver to their standards... LOL.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  7. Sw1tchFX

Sw1tchFX TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I photographed betty crocker and uncle ben ;)

8. jlykins

jlykins TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I took a couple of shots in the mirror once... lol

9. Frequent Traveler

Frequent Traveler TPF Noob!

Does it count if i'm a legend in my own mind?

I've missed two opportunities to photo some musical talents, but was a security director for one event and band-level "personal" security at the other. Didn't have a camera with me....

10. mrodgers

mrodgers No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I've photographed Nichlas Lidstrom, Chris Chelios, Pavel Datsyuk, Hendrik Zetterberg, Johan Franzen.....

But it's easy to photograph these guys if you go to Joe Lewis Arena to a hockey game...

:mrgreen:

11. Chris Stegner

Chris Stegner TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Famous in who's mind?

I have photographed tons of Bluegrass Music stars. On-stage, behind stage, out and around the crowd at festivals. But again, I ask, famous in who's mind? Some of the names mentioned earlier are "big" names, but the thing I like about the Bluegrass Music artists is that one minute I'm shooting them on stage, the next behind stage then I'm in the campground at a festival drinking a beer with them.

12. skieur

skieur TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yes, John Candy, Patrick Watson, Mother Teresa, John Howard Griffith and some others that I don't recall offhand. They were all quite nice although the "assistants" to the celebs can be a pain. I was photographer, director, and television camera operator in some of the work with these people.
    skieur